Megasquirt Stand Alone and Ford EDIS

What steps do i need to take to run megasquirt and EDIS? i know i have to run a cam sensor. how do i do that? Maybe a Crank Sensor of some sort.

That way i can plug the Dizzy hole and get rid of the gear on the cam shaft.

any ideas greatly appreciated.

should i just stick with the Magna Dizzy.

What steps do i need to take to run megasquirt and EDIS? i know i have to run a cam sensor. how do i do that? Maybe a Crank Sensor of some sort.

That way i can plug the Dizzy hole and get rid of the gear on the cam shaft.

any ideas greatly appreciated.

should i just stick with the Magna Dizzy.

First you need a MS, and a full EDIS setup.

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/ed...hatyouneed.html

I bought my EDIS setup on Ebay 2 weeks ago, for $10! I haven´t seen it yet, I´m still in Brazil. I´ll see it next week when I get home.

You can, but don´t need a cam sensor. You can run it off the 36-1 wheel and hall sensor that comes with the EDIS setup. That´s what most people do.

Also you can use a GM HEI7 module and lock the distrib down. Then you don´t have to fab anything and you can control the curve just like an EDIS.

Upside of a locked distrib, hard cut rev limiter and not much extra work

Downside, none really. I want to get rid of mine though

EDIS upside, easy to setup

Downside, fab´n it to fit and hard cut rev limiter isn´t possible since the EDIS module has a 10 degree limp mode built into it.

Also the cam, spider gear will have to stay

Shawn

Downside, fab´n it to fit and hard cut rev limiter isn´t possible since the EDIS module has a 10 degree limp mode built into it.

Shawn

Shawn we do have a hard cut rev limiter for EDIS systems. It is also a two step rev limiter, great for raceing!

Ed

Cool! I didn't think the hard would work since the EDIS had the 10 degree "limp mode" built into it.

Nice work!!!!

Shawn