Negative Feedback for Flyin_By_YOU

John86TSi

A few weeks ago Flyin_By_YOU posted items for sale, and one of those items were two 86 TURBO door handles, the real deal as he described them for $65.00 shipped. The problems began soon afterward when they did not arrive, and after a PM he wrote me and told me that he had cashed the money order and lost the envelope or paper that he had my address on. He never tried to contact me to get my address, but instead waited till I ran him down for an answer. The items still did not arrive, so I called the cell number he had emailed me, and someone answered hello and then hung up. I then called his place of employment, and finally got him on the phone. He stated then that he would ship them that day, and did later email me and tell me that UPS had gotten out late but they would be shipped express to me.

When I finally got them and opened them up, one door handle looks like it had been dragged down the street on one of its edges. The other one has a corner broken out of it and has bent metal arms, so both are useless to me. I have PMed him and asked for a refund, and I will pay for return shipping. I will keep this thread updated to let others know how this turns out. As it is, I would not purchase any more items from this member as he was "not correct" in his description of the items, and cashed the money order and never shipped the items. In hindsight, I should have asked for pics of the items, and will do so from now on. These should never have been resold, but perhaps given away to make another pair useable with parts from all four to be put on a car.

John86TSi

• 2 weeks later...

Okkkk... I shipped the door handles back and you should have them by now. Let me know when you send me the refund for the $65.00 plus the price of shipping them back to you as you asked. I am sorry this did not work out, I would have been happy to have purchased a nice set of 86 handles to put on the 88. When I receive my refund I will post in this thread that this transaction turned out ok.

John86TSi

It just keeps getting better and better...

I sent the door handles back by US Postal Service, with signature confirmation to make sure they got there. I sent them back to his worksite because that is where he sent them from originally. He wanted me to send them to his home, but I opted for the first address. I sent it on the 11th, it got there on the 13th and was signed by C. Wegener. The reason he wanted them sent to his home was because he was now on vacation (starting 8 June) and would be gone for the week so he could not possibly send me back the money till he got back to work (he did not tell me that until AFTER I shipped him the door handles). He got back on the 18th, the package was waiting on him, and I have tried to communicate with him to find out when he will refund me the $65.00 plus $7.40 in shipping charges. Tonight is the 25th and still no commo and still no refund in the mail.

I will update this post with the next chapter shortly...

John86TSi

I got a personal check in the mail today for $72.40, which included shipping the door handles back to him. Check was mailed out on the 28th of June.

I appreciate the refund of my money, although it took some time to get it back.

This IS the final chapter for this transaction -- it won't happen again!

John86TSi

This feedback is perfectly legit and the reason to post it here. If someone wants to purchase something from you they have the right (and courtesy from the site) to know what they may or may not be getting into.

Im glad it all finally worked out. Let this be a lesson for everyone concerned.