SERVICE: Digital Dash conversion harness kit

UlrichWolf

OK, folks....I know that some of you really like my digital dash, and some of you really want to do one.

I also know that some of you aren't great at wiring things. So, I offer a solution.

The MaxWolf digital dash conversion service is now availible!!!

As you know, the digital dash will not simply plug in. There is a multitude of wiring challenges involved, and those include:

1. Making the stock fuel sender work. The stock unit sends a resistance that the gauge unit reads, while the LCD unit sends a voltage that the dash computer reads. Yes, a Technica LCD sender would work great, but Mitsubishi doesn't make them anymore. So, we figured out how to make a stocker work.

2. The dash illumination. LCD dimmer units use four wires, the analog uses three. We figured that out too.

3. The reed switch on the analog speedometer that gives the ECU and ETACS a speed signal. This is also solved.

What we will do is create a conversion harness, just like the one in my car, and mod a tank unit, and have the whole thing ready to go, excepting running the wiring for the speed sensor at the transmission. Basically, it will be to a point to where all you must do is connect two wires at the transmission, and the same two wires at the conversion harness.

Here's what you need to have the exact, fully functional setup like in my car.

'85-'87 Technica LCD Instrument Cluster

All three connectors for the cluster, with some extra wire hanging off, preferably 6-8 inches.

A stock dash harness, the one the runs between the printed circuit, and the car's body harness.

The patch cable for the airflow indicator (this is optional-if you don't care if the airflow indicator works, you do not need this part)

A spare stock fuel sending unit.

What we will need you to ship to us:

The three dash connectors, with wire still on them.

The stock dash harness.

A stock fuel tank unit.

What we will do is create the harness, and mod the tank unit to work with the digital dash, and send everything back to you, ready to plug in to your dash.

You do have some options.

1. If you want the Anti-Lock light functional or not. Now, some LCD dashes do not have a provision for an Anti-Lock light, but quite a few do. We can help you figure out of you have provisions for this.

2. The LCD dash has NO provision for a Security light. What we did on mine was wire up the feed for the Security light to both the door and trunk open lights. When the alarm sets, both lights stay on for the 20 seconds that the Security light did. Not fool-proof, but it was what we came up with. We can do this to yours, or we can leave it off, too.

The price for this is $125, and there is a lead time of 2-3 weeks after receipt of parts and payment. The time frame is because this is a complicated part to produce, and there is also some testing time involved. We have designed this harness so there will be no hacking at all done to your car. If at any point you must revert to analog gauges, you simply unplug the harness, change the tank unit back out, and plug the stock unit back in.

Please get with myself or Maxzillian, and we'll fix you up. We can also advise you of the time frame at the time that you ship us your items for construction.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2640/picture011nr2.jpg

Tim

I want to put the LCD dash in my 88 conquest but i need the LCD dash if u have one and u know where to get one and i will buy the harness and the dash too

Thanks

Yuri

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...