These are why Fanta has not pulled his engine yet

Fanta

had the day off so decided to do some cleaning

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3457/hmrj9.png

Jeep is my moms, 72 Charger ( which has been sold and will be picked up soon :( ) is mine, 65 Mustang is a project between my mom and I. Missing from the picture is a 1971 Plymouth Barracuda, 1959 Chevy Apache, and a 1953 Chevy 3100 5-window pickup, as well as a 1997 Toyota 4Runner, a 1988 Merkur Scorpio, a 1987 Mitsubishi STarion, a 1986 Mitsubishi Starion, and a 1997 Nissan Maxima

Hmmm...tell ya what I'll do to help with the neighbors...I'll take the 71 Cuda off your hands. Let me know when I can pick it up!

its not a Cuda its a Barracuda :D 318 with 340 J-heads ( found them in a junkyard ) and mani with a 727 and open collectors :D I got a ticket I need to pay for a sound violation :? The cop said it sounded like a nitro dragster coming down the road - and its been substituting my craving for boost. I'll see if I can dig up recent pics of it

but I do have a 440 with a 400 crank that I'm slowly assembling from decent junkyard parts ( man I love old Mopar RV's!!!! )

I just used 'Cuda for short, I know the difference between a Cuda and Barracuda :wink: I'll still take it off your hands to make the neighbors happy. :D

Ive owned 6 'Cudas over the years ranging from '64 to '74, including a 67, 70, 71,and 73.

• 3 weeks later...
what are the plans for the mustang??

first off is finding it. It was outside of an auto repair shop ( it had broken down ) and it was really late for a tow truck to come out ( they charge double rate ) anyways the owner agreed it could stay there in the parking lot. We went back, it was just gone. The manager of the shop said a tow truck came by and picked it up and had assumed it was sent by us ](*,)

Crappy part is there's a really low chance of recovering it ( lol how many red 65 Mustang coupe's are there? )

I've been wary with every other car since. To a point its no GREAT loss ( we essentially scored the Mustang for free ) but dammit, I want that thing back!

I was going to try to cram a 428 interceptor engine in it... :D

• 7 months later...

thats awful about the mustang! Was is insured so they will replace it? i know thats not really the same but it might help.

I had a 73 charge for a small time. I bought it for $450 with 70k miles on a single barrel 318. I sold it and made $150 bucks on it. Im sure i could have taken more for it but I needed it gone.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/maperez/73Charger.JPG

and heres an old cornet 500 my brother had that i was going to restore but took the starion instead.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/maperez/cornet%201.jpg

had a 360 in it.

what are the plans for the mustang??

first off is finding it. It was outside of an auto repair shop ( it had broken down ) and it was really late for a tow truck to come out ( they charge double rate ) anyways the owner agreed it could stay there in the parking lot. We went back, it was just gone. The manager of the shop said a tow truck came by and picked it up and had assumed it was sent by us ](*,)

Crappy part is there's a really low chance of recovering it ( lol how many red 65 Mustang coupe's are there? )

I've been wary with every other car since. To a point its no GREAT loss ( we essentially scored the Mustang for free ) but dammit, I want that thing back!

I was going to try to cram a 428 interceptor engine in it... :D

Did you report it stolen? I'd be callin' all the tow yard in GA. I once had my Monte Carlo towed because I had it in a lot for sale and they up and decided to tow all the cars. They ended up towing it all the way to Stockbridge from Lawrenceville Kroger over there beside the ol' dollar theatre of Grayson Highway... Beside the Burger King. I'm sure you know the place. Anyways, they towed it down there and then I couldn't come get it for a day cause they were closed that night. Cost be about $175 I think and almost the sale of the car cause they buyers were ready to buy it until I found it was gone. That is a helpless feeling when your car disappears.

had the day off so decided to do some cleaning

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3457/hmrj9.png

There's the pic of that nice Jeep.... You mom sounds cool. I like ladies that like cars. My little sister loves cars and the boys are all over her. But then sometimes they are intimidated by her. LOL!

• 3 weeks later...

Haha. Yeah, we did report it stolen, nothing ever came about from it. Also, it wasn't insured at the time so in the end its just a hole in a wallet :(

I need to post pics of what ended up replacing the Charger/Mustang ;) I actually need to take pics first....

It doesn't matter now... You are on your way to getting the Starion back on the road. All that will be a distant memory once you stand on the gas the first time :lol:

I will guarantee the whole " baby it for the first few hundred miles " will go RIGHT out the window as soon as that car has 4 tires on asphalt - you should have seen me with the barracuda....

It doesn't matter now... You are on your way to getting the Starion back on the road. All that will be a distant memory once you stand on the gas the first time :lol:

I will guarantee the whole " baby it for the first few hundred miles " will go RIGHT out the window as soon as that car has 4 tires on asphalt

The motor is used, you shouldn't have a break in period. It's been broken in for some time now. The most you have to worry about it little gremlins from the install or from the car sitting for the time it has. Shouldn't be anything major.