"INVISIBLE" Grille above stock grille

'Kay. Most of you don't know, but I work at BASF, where I've come across some perforated steel that I believe I can turn into a grille to increase the amount of airflow to the radiator without giving the appearance that the panel above the stock grille was modified. At least, from a distance. That's because the steel is pierced almost a thousand times in 1/8" diameter holes, and if my math is correct, based on the angle of the panel and the amount of holes from top to bottom, headlight to headlight, it should open up the airflow by 50% and direct the wind straight into the radiator. I've found a source for that material, and I'll be making the modifications shortly.

come one, you work at BASF you should know better. unless those holes are so close together that the thing looks almost see through, you will not get much air past that panel. even then, the flow also has to with pressure differentials on the two sides of the panel. the air has to have someplace to go in the back.

You'll see as soon as I can give you the proof. As far as the intercooler goes, I wasn't planning on making the lower air dam out of the same material. Observe: http://www.mcnichols.com/products/perforat...s/big_round.jpg What you're seeing is blown up and comes in aluminum, steel, copper, etc... It's not hard to come by, and it shouldn't be expensive for a welder to cut out the sheetmetal and replace it with the new stuff. Just text now, but when I'm done, I'll have more pics.[/img]

• 2 months later...