Chevy Small Block Swap (Daily Updates with crappy pics now)

propeine

HOLY HELL! I've not seen that before. Looks like he moved it back that far to clear the oil pan. Talk about weight distribution lol. Thank goodness my distributor still sits in front of my firewall. Thanks for the pics though it actually does help somewhat looking at the inside pictures.

that engine sitting closer to center of gravity of the car is better.

better handling and the car wount see a change in weight if there was any added.

I'd much rather have an engine closer to the center of the car rather than

closer to the front of the car.

Also makes a shorter drive shaft :wink:

holy god,why?

Hope the dist never needs maintenance or spark plugs needs replacing

you cheby owners....

I guess some people would rather sacrafise a little for some real power.

It would just be way too easy to put some slow 302 in there and make it a daily driver :lol:

Guest Kenmarrow
I can only imagine what the interior looks like. But I guess if you want a drag car and run it for kicks, because I doubt any sanctioned organization will let this car in it. I wonder if it ever was finished...Just a thought..

holy god,why?

Hope the dist never needs maintenance or spark plugs needs replacing

you cheby owners....

I guess some people would rather sacrafise a little for some real power.

It would just be way too easy to put some slow 302 in there and make it a daily driver :lol:

Don't let the little 302 fool ya'

and you have to remeber,that is a chevy,it will need work done on it :wink: :lol:

and mine is sitting back in the engine bay alos,but not so far back inside the cabin.

short driveshafts? mine is 20 inches long.I bet that one is smaller. :shock:

Failure, you're going to fail Tom. :lol: :lol:

You know that R6 engine you have sitting there would have been easier to stuff under the hood. :lol:

I'm pretty excited to see it done. Give me a call sometime and I'll give you a hand over the weekend.

Shawn

SHUTUP SHAWN! For what its worth the engine and tranny are in place. I'm going to be fiberglassing my trans tunnel and welding in braces next week if it warms up a little. For the trans tunnel I'm using the cardboard sandwich method. We'll see how sturdy it is as I've never done glasswork like that before. If im not happy Ill just weld it up out of stainless like I was originally planning on.