adjustable suspension

caveman

no not just coilover sleeves, i need something with adjustability, similar to koni, are those available for our cars?

anyway if you've ever heard of www.ksportusa.com they are local to me in AZ and they make tons of applications for double adjustable coilovers (hieght/dampining) for other cars many even coming with adjustable pillow-ball mounts.

i emailed them to inquire about a custom set for my starion, they said they would need a dealer to commit to 10 sets in order to start any new applications... this is where starquest comes in...

anyone out there needing a similar suspension setup?

if i had to guess on price they would probably be anywhere from 1000-1500 not sure though...

There has probably been at least 5 people who have tried to get companies to make stuff over the last few years. My money is on the first set that actually gets produced.

What has there been?

MOOKEEH http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55494

D2 canceled in favor of JIC

JIC http://www.nwstarquest.com/jic.html

Tein http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26765

K-Sport (this thread)

Who'll be first?

heres what I am digging into with tein. NO, its not an overnight venture thats going to be completed tommorrow, but im working on it in my off time from working in sacramento & driving back here(LA) everyother weekend. so give a little time. the prices i was told would be around 1000

+/- 100 or so...depending on how many buyers take up on this. heres a cut & paste of the conversations with tein.

sounds great.

lets say i have 20-25 people interrested.

they all fronted the 50% as a deposit.

How much would the price be for this batch or each set be?

Also what percentage would the tein distributor

request (roughly)?

you did mention that you have a few distributors that we could work through; could we set up a breif introductory meeting this week possibly at tein?

I will be in LA all week so any part of the week will be ok.contact me by phone if this can/can't be arranged...

thanks

charles

Marc Masuda <marc@tein.com> wrote:

Charles,

Sounds good!

ETA on the entire process may take up to 4-6 months.

As for the private label part of things, you will need to consult a TEIN Authorized Dealer. Generally speaking, 50% down is required and the minimum lot is 20 units, of course the more purchased, the lower the cost. Since this is a private label topic, pricing is custom and will vary.

Please let me know when you are ready to proceed. Thank you.

Best Regards

Marc Masuda

Staff@TEIN USA

9798 Firestone Blvd

Downey, Ca 90241

PH: (562)861-9161

Fax: (562)861-9171

had a link but it wouldnt work as it is in email

heres what I am digging into with tein. NO, its not an overnight venture thats going to be completed tommorrow, but im working on it in my off time from working in sacramento & driving back here(LA) everyother weekend. so give a little time. the prices i was told would be around 1000

+/- 100 or so...depending on how many buyers take up on this. heres a cut & paste of the conversations with tein.

sounds great.

lets say i have 20-25 people interrested.

they all fronted the 50% as a deposit.

How much would the price be for this batch or each set be?

Also what percentage would the tein distributor

request (roughly)?

you did mention that you have a few distributors that we could work through; could we set up a breif introductory meeting this week possibly at tein?

I will be in LA all week so any part of the week will be ok.contact me by phone if this can/can't be arranged...

thanks

charles

Marc Masuda <marc@tein.com> wrote:

Charles,

Sounds good!

ETA on the entire process may take up to 4-6 months.

As for the private label part of things, you will need to consult a TEIN Authorized Dealer. Generally speaking, 50% down is required and the minimum lot is 20 units, of course the more purchased, the lower the cost. Since this is a private label topic, pricing is custom and will vary.

Please let me know when you are ready to proceed. Thank you.

Best Regards

Marc Masuda

Staff@TEIN USA

9798 Firestone Blvd

Downey, Ca 90241

PH: (562)861-9161

Fax: (562)861-9171

had a link but it wouldnt work as it is in email

you have been going on about this tein thing for over six months and all you have is a cut and pasted e-mail? :?:

this is already being pursued in the real world pal. someplace you are not to familiar with obviously.

look this actually has pictures!! wow!

http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55494

i have a shop working on the prototypes this week in aluminum only for fit up & and cleance. production will be in chrom-moly or similar grade steel. working on using s13 struts on all 4 corners. used teins can be rebuilt so mainly to keep cost down i would inport used sets from japan off this site www.rinkya.com sets range from $300-1000 usd but roughly the lowest i have figured on a complete set minus camber plates is $800.

the parts will be availible thru me.

as for the mookee part i have never seen those pics till just now but for the front my idea is very similar. only bad drawback on his design.

you have to detatch the control arm for an adjustment. tein's are on top of strut. which would you rather have break your suspension loose for an incremental adjustment or adjust without breaking loose the suspension???? i think i know which DJ would prefer....

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/lonestarion/ph...8804255021230/0

i have more than just 1 project. in other words sevral avenues to end up with a few products. just incase a few end up being to costly i still have other options open.

just found out estimate on the private label i was working on that involved tein & a distributor.

$1500-2300 for the ss type

$2200 2500 for the flex

is this in your price range for a complete suspension kit ready to bolt in?

is this price range in most or even 1/2 of starquest owners price range?

i think not. this is why i have multiple ideas on a specific project (ie. struts)