Do I need front camber plates with Eibach Springs

Just as the subject states, do I need front camber plates with Eibach Springs?

I am planning on installing ST sway bars, front and rear strut tower bars and Eibach springs and I wanted to know if I also needed to install front and rear camber plates in order to keep the suspension within reasonable specs and avoid uneven tire wear.

I noticed that some are using a similar setup with just rear camber plates and I just wanted to confirm that this did not create any problems.

Thanks.

Mitchell.

hmm. depents on what you do with the car and what tires you have.

if you go autoxing and you have race tires, it will totally wear out the outsides of the front tires. due to chassis flex the camber gets all messed up, especially on the outside tires.

so you really should get some kind of front strut tower brace and camber plates set to about 3 degrees negative camber

• 2 weeks later...

i have eibachs and i say definitly get camber plates. with my 225's on the shp 8 inch wheels you can really notice the top of the tire leaned in. looks like a ricer honda with lowering spings.havent corrected it yet on my car but soom i hope

i can send ya pics if you want

Thanks for the replies guys.

So, I definitely need camber plates with Eibach springs.

Now, I've been doing some initial research on suspension mods and read somewhere that lowering a car too much might mess up the suspension geometry which cancels out the advantages of lowering the car in the first place.

In your experience, especially if you're into road racing / auto cross, do the Eiback springs lower the car too much? If so, what alternatives do I have? Can I find stiffer springs that maintain the same car height? Or will I have to go with a fully adustable coil-over setup, which I want to avoid because of cost and since I will only be racing the car occasionally and will use it mostly as a daily driver.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mitchell.

i think the eibachs lower it just enough. gives it a nice stance with a slight rake. front is slightly lower than the rear that is.

my eibachs are fairly soft when you drive slow like over speed bumps and s*** but they get stiff right away when the body roll starts to happen in the corners. so they work really good with little comfort loss over factory in my opinion.

lots of camber is your friend. Get stickier tires, drive some fun roads and you'll wear those tires dead even. I had 5 degrees of camber and I'd check my tires and they were worn evenly accross the whole tire. If you only drive like a grandma or only on highways then maybe correct the camber. Either way. Camber can be pretty nuts as long as you have your toe as close to perfect as you can get. Remember. As you lower a car, you do change some geometry and this will change the toe. Measure and adjust. Get toe right and camber can only help.

Personaly if you are going to be doing a fair amount of auto-xing go with a good coilover setup. The Eibachs when pushed to the limit on sticky tires still roll consierably. I'v got some pictures around of cornering with the Eibachs and with the coilovers and the differance is night and day. Sure the car will feel like its on cement blocks but once that onramp comes up and you hit it with full tilt without even grazing the brakes and have nothing but confidence you know you made the right chioce ;)

Arts GP from a few years ago 8k fronts and 6k rears I believe. Eventualy I'm going to bite the bullet and get a set of Ground Controls tho so I can experiment with spring rates a bit more.