Clear foglight lenses again... $65 shipped!

JustPaus_88TSi

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got mine in the mail-Sweet....

I did run into another problem with getting the rusty to the point where the phillips milled just crumbs under any kind of pressure..lol I guess its time for the backouts and some new hardware...

I'm interested in the clear lenses. Wish they had projectors.

I added you to the list.. :wink:

It's not really all that hard to get the projectors mounted into the stock reflector.. I ordered a couple sets, so when I get them in i'll do a tutorial on how exactly to do it.. PM me if you want to know where you can get the projectors at for just under $60 shipped..

All you need is a dremel with some cutoff wheels, some JB weld(the quick setting kind is best), and depending on if you want to make shrouds to cover the projector's frame up(so light can't escape out, it'll only come out of the lense) you'll have to figure it out on your own.. I used thin gauge sheet metal(from home depot/lowes) and some aluminum tape(pep boys/auto zone)..

No, there'd be no possible way to make that work with these because they're the exact same size and shape of the glass ones.. Even if I were to make them bigger so they could slip around the glass ones, there'd be no channel for them to sit into.

And I don't care what kind of material it is, the right rock will shatter anything. These are stronger than glass, but they're not indestructable.. :lol:

Using a 3M coating might work, but even that will get damaged by a rock hit.. :(

add me in too justpaus :D so this is a do it yourself kit and we don't need to bring the unit right? and what's the best way to remove the stock lenses?... do you have to soak them in hot water? the audi tt style sure is nice where did u get them....sorry for all the questions bro I have not read the entire thread yet just wanna be included first hehe!! :lol: so i can pay :wink:

Joe

Guest ptracy26

Yo, I'm very interested too in this. But I would rather pay someone to take(i'll ship to you) my foglights update them and send back. Let me know if that's possible. You can PM me or email.

I'll respond stupid fast!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Monty.. It really is hard to get good pics of clear lenses.. I mean, what's there to see? They're clear.. :lol:

BTW, clear tail lenses will be available shortly.. A couple more hours of prep on the molds and i'll be ready to make a preliminary set for fitment.. :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

Are you positive they aren't one piece lenses? I don't think i'd be able to mold a set with a seperate outer lense, it just wouldn't be cost effective..

Have you ever taken the lenses off? The housings might look like all the other years, and would therefor accept all the lenses. I dunno. :(