Anyone swap a Chrysler 2.2 or 2.5 into one of these cars??

DaytonaTurbo

Just wondering if anyone has swapped a chrysler 2.2 or 2.5 liter 4cyl turbo engine into one of these cars? I know that I could easily handle the wiring and plumbing part of it, but I'm just wondering what one would have to use for engine mounts and will the stock 2.6 transmission bolt up properly?

Trans wont bolt up since the Conquest is a Mitsubishi. I dont think anyone here has tried to bolt in another SOHC engine since the G54B is capable of 500+hp. I had a GLH Omni that I converted to a T2 setup a few years ago, and I am a member of TurboDodge.com. I myself was planning on doing a SRT 4 2.4L conversion using a Jeep Liberty Transmission. But I ended up just going MPI on my car. Good Luck,

Steven

I woulda thought the trans would have had a chance of bolting up, since there were lots of mopars in the 80's that could have been had with either the mitsu 2.6 or the chrysler 2.2, but I guess they must have used a different design of transmission.

not quite sure why you would bother since you can use a 4g63 or 4g64.. 4 banger swaps, we have some of the best 4 cylinders available and are damn near bolt in.

yeah well not any mitsus in the junkyards anywhere near where I live. Now that I've thought about it, the better choice would probably be to swap in a 2.4l. Plentyful enough in the junkyards, plus they're already dohc. Not bashing mitsu engines, it's just that availability here is nil. I never see any talons or anything like that in the junkyards here.

I never see any talons or anything like that in the junkyards here.

That because they are on the roads or peeps snatch them up.

Also what are junkyards?? haha I get parts from internet friends, lots of parts around then... :)

I'd swap a 4g63 in over almost any 4 banger out there. The parts market is just flooded with goodies for that motor.

• 3 years later...

you can easily use the 2.2/2.5 chrysler motor. Get a 4cyl bell housing from a 94-95 dakota and it bolts to a 5speed supra na or supra turbo transmission. little bit of fab work for motor/trans mounts and some wiring magic with an old TI or TII harness and away you go.

Personally I'm going with a 3.9 V6 Magnum engine from a 96-99 Truck. You can get custom SCT calibrations and I can use the 4 speed automatic built to diesel specs.

V6 leaves loads of room and you'll still get decent mileage with the OD trans.

WKT

p.s. You have to get an intake plenum made from a 2 piece TII manifold as the TB will be in the firewall. If you go to TurboDodge.com you can find information on that.

WKT

Edited by WhiteKnightTurbo