Hood Release Cable

zuki02

MB270659 have fun installing it!!!!

Go to a dealer or email to: mike@mitsupartsdirect.com , he is parts manager at Rockville mitsu on the east coast the part should be $15- $20, if that fails email me I just got one two weeks ago. Kevin

Or go to: www.Questperformance.com

You can get one from Mitsu for around 20 bucks. Using a long rod or screwdriver, from underneath the car, you can reach up and push the hood release mechanism and release the hood. You need to push it towards the drivers side.

To replace the cable, DO NOT pull the old one out first. On the hood end of the cable, overlap the old and the new cables, tape them securely together.

Go to the inside of the car, and pull it through from that end. You may need to wiggle it some when it get to a couple of places on the hood and force it through plugs. It doesn't hurt to have someone helping you with this step, but it can be done alone.

Once it is through, untape it and connect both ends of the cable.

Jimmy

You can get one from Mitsu for around 20 bucks. Using a long rod or screwdriver, from underneath the car, you can reach up and push the hood release mechanism and release the hood. You need to push it towards the drivers side.

To replace the cable, DO NOT pull the old one out first. On the hood end of the cable, overlap the old and the new cables, tape them securely together.

Go to the inside of the car, and pull it through from that end. You may need to wiggle it some when it get to a couple of places on the hood and force it through plugs. It doesn't hurt to have someone helping you with this step, but it can be done alone.

Once it is through, untape it and connect both ends of the cable.

Jimmy

Oh man, I wish I had read this before I attempted to replace mine...I unfortunately took out the old assembly first, and am now having a real pain of a time

• 1 year later...