FIP and Wideband

Ok Substock, let me see if I am following ya. Just get the a wideband 02 only, like from PLX Devices? Then run the 02 wire to the FIP ecu and let it record fuel mixtures? See I was looking for one with a narrow band output, for my dash a/f gauge, but wide band for datalogging. Am i on the right track?

this is the one i use,

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php

it doesn't have a narrowband output like you want though. but the way fip told me to hook it up to the ecu, is but connecting it to the o2 wire going into the ecu, then in the program, set it to narrowband, and it will read correctly

Ok well, i was looking at that one. But, if FIP tells you to set the ecu to narrowband, well, whats the use of having a wideband? I understand that the wideband needs to be further downstream, so I could just put in another bung, and have both a wideband and narrowband. Narrowband feeding my A/F gauge and the wideband to the ecu. But will the ECU give me precise a/f ratios? I want to record runs to see if my ratio is right.

Ok well, i was looking at that one. But, if FIP tells you to set the ecu to narrowband, well, whats the use of having a wideband? I understand that the wideband needs to be further downstream, so I could just put in another bung, and have both a wideband and narrowband. Narrowband feeding my A/F gauge and the wideband to the ecu. But will the ECU give me precise a/f ratios? I want to record runs to see if my ratio is right.

they told me that it would be precise that way.

Hi

I just bought the LC-1 w/ control unit. it has more outputs than one and it can turn your std. A/F gauge into a wide band gauge .On there website it has a lot of good resources about the unit. It can send WB to the ECU and the gauge and to a laptop for data logging.. I'm doing major upgrades and that was one I did . I found it on e-bay with a dash mount "LED controller" Free with the kit at no extra charge for $199.99

ATCLen

Got plenty of drive space, thats not the prob. Do I need to buy a datalogger with the 02 or will the FIP ECU do the logging, and if so, how much, and why only the narrowband input? Sounds like I can hook my narrow band 02 to the ecu and get a wideband with a datalogger. I was hoping not to have to buy the logger, if the ECU will do it.

Got plenty of drive space, thats not the prob. Do I need to buy a datalogger with the 02 or will the FIP ECU do the logging, and if so, how much, and why only the narrowband input? Sounds like I can hook my narrow band 02 to the ecu and get a wideband with a datalogger. I was hoping not to have to buy the logger, if the ECU will do it.

ecu will do it. the program they are running right now is megatune for the megasquirt ecu, so all you need to do it download the logger from that and it will work.

it will log as much as you got space in you cpu

I did download the Megatune software, its sweet! can't wait. The ecu should be here in two weeks! But really, I should have found out first about the wideband stuff first. Like i said, my plan was just to pick up a 02 from PLX and use the FIP ecu to do all the recording. Just still a bit concerned that the ecu has to be set to narrow band. Hummm, go figure, I'd like a bit more clarification from FIP on this. Thanks Substock for all the replys.

For the wideband, you must activate the wideband in megatune by going into the megatune assembly file where all the settings are, and then deactivating the narrowband line, and activating the wideband line..pretty easy, to do...I just dont remember the file name, just have to open it via notepad and its self explanatory.

For the wideband, you must activate the wideband in megatune by going into the megatune assembly file where all the settings are, and then deactivating the narrowband line, and activating the wideband line..pretty easy, to do...I just dont remember the file name, just have to open it via notepad and its self explanatory.

Coolio, just what I was looking for. Thanks. PLX devices have a wideband 02 for $79 if anybody is interested.

Coolio, just what I was looking for. Thanks. PLX devices have a wideband 02 for $79 if anybody is interested.

i'm guessing thats just the sensor by itself. your going to want to get the controller the sensor plugs into also, then the controller plugs into the ecu.

i'm guessing thats just the sensor by itself. your going to want to get the controller the sensor plugs into also, then the controller plugs into the ecu.

Awl hell, got to get the controller too? Getting an education. Ok got the FIP ECU and a magna on the way. Get a wideband and the CONTROLLER and I sould be all set?

And thanks ATCLen for the responses too, going to look closer at the LC-1.

Heres the PLX install schematic

http://www.plxdevices.com/M-Series-Controllers/ConnectionDiagram.jpg

Does the FIP ECU have a wideband input? What I am hoping to do is just get the 02 and datalog/tune with the ECU. Anybody know?

I am running a pro-1.

If you look on the “enrichments page†of your tuning software you will se a option to set it to wideband, I would think you would set it to wideband, set your trip voltage to the mixture you want and all would be good.

If you leave it on narrowband I don’t think it would work correctly because the voltage goes higher with a narrowband and lower with a wideband for a richer mixture (vice-versa for a leaner mixture). :wink:

Later

Tom Cat 8)

BTW you use the same input wire on the FIP ECU, on mine it is blue.