SDS Auxillary Injector Controller

WildMaxx

This is new. I bought it from Top End Performance but then ended up with a Hurricane 4 so I don't need it. It is for 2 injectors and has the dials and indicator lights on the face. Includes the control computer, resistors, injector clips and harness. I paid TEP $365 - how about $250 plus shipping of $5.

what does this system do exactly? does it completely control the FI all the way? i couldnt find it on TEP

It controls two auxillary injectors. The injectors may be installed in the OVCP or the stock intake manifold. The purpose is to supply additional fuel during booost conditions above and beyond what the stock system is capable of. This is a supplement to the stock system and works well as an inexpensive mod to support a larger turbo and/or higher boost pressures. It only controls the FI for the two auxillary injectors based on the driver's setting for boost pressure to begin fuel flow, and also a setting for the rate of flow. It helps to have an air/fuel meter to fine tune this.

Also, the SDS is not limited to Starions but can be installed on any engine using pressurized intake air (like turbos).

I don't know if its on the TEP site. Steve (TEP) just told me that it was what I needed and was a foolproof set up that was easy to use and control and had a nice display. The TEP invoice just says "SDS controller - $365".

I can send photos of it, too. Just pm.

so i can drill into the intake manifold and add two extra injectors in the lean cylinders and fix the lean problem with bigger turbos with this setup is what you are sayin

Yes, or at least this unit will power those injectors. Whether it totally "fixes" everything is kind of dependent on the size of turbo, injector, boost pressure, etc., but the SDS will do its part.

To better answer questions about what this does, I'll just quote the instructions (yes, they come with it):

"The SDS EIC is a microprocessor-based, digital unit designed to control two injectors independently from the normal engine management system. The EIC has a control knob to adjust the boost threshold point where the fuel will start to be injected and a Gain knob to adjust the amount of fuel delivered. RPM and manifold pressure inputs allow proportional increases in fuel delivery as these two parameters increase."

"RPM and manifold pressure (MAP) readings are fed to the EIC microprocessor which then takes into account the MAP Threshold knob position and the fuel Gain knob position to determine the appropriate injector on-time. The microprocessor generates a square wave control signal to the injector control transistors of the proper frequency to achieve this desired on-time. Five colored LEDs display injector cut on and duty cycle performance."