My first attempt with some carbon fiber

Turbo_Addict

All the plastic was broken from years of neglect - and when I installed my stereo, the rest of it all just fell apart. I needed something to clean it up and decided to try it with a 1.5mm thick piece of carbon fiber I found on ebay for $30. I think it came out pretty good... I am happy with it. It's not perfect by any means, but a whole bunch better than it was before! :)

What do you think?

http://xs63.xs.to/pics/06026/carbon1.JPG

Free Image Hosting [xs.to]

Looks good!

I had a shop do an 83 console (with door) and regular style consoles, window switches, hvac bezel, shifter bezel, side mirror pieces, mirror control bezel, misc dash bezels in CF over lay for me.

Really adds to the car I think!

Do you plan on doing more items?

Paul

xkreal@aol.com

I like the sport comp better than the phantom guague.

30 bucks is a pretty decent price. CF is expensive. I'm planning on doing my entire center console and fasten it with small cap head screws so that I can remove tranny with out tearing apart my radio/ac.

I think I'll probably do around the base of the shifter - who knows... if that comes out good, maybe I'll bring it up and finish the center console area. I'll make sure to wear a mask next time, I was sneezing out CF dust all day after all that cutting with the dremel. :D

Here is the stuff I used - he still has some on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HAYAME-REAL...029730168QQrdZ1

It is 1.5MM thick and it is plenty strong enough to just cut some holes and mount the gauges directly on it - no need to reinforce anything. He also has some 0.2 mm thick stuff with peel of stick backing - that may work well for trimming in and around the shifter, and up through the power mirror seat belt release area where it doesn't need the reinforcing.