Repainting parts of the body

BrokenquestTSI

You will want to use some sort of paint that works on flexible parts and make sure to scuff it with very fine scotchbrite or 600 grit sandpaper before painting it.

Painting is the easy part so don't worry, Its all prep work prep work prep work. Go down to your local automotive paint shop and pick up some whipe down cleaner, the stuff you whipe down all your parts with before you tack rag it all. So heres a list of some stuff you will probably need

A decent paint gun, I am a fan of the HVLP Vertical feed guns

Now paint wise your car did not come Base coat clear coat it just came base enamal. So since I am going to take it your still ahve factory paint I would go with some Gloss black or trim black enamal and make sure you get your mixing amounts correct, hardener or just reducer (all depends on what brand of paint, someone at the paint store will know)

Get some whipe down cleaner.

Tack rag

Mixing cut and filters

I would go with what burton said. 600 sand paper would be great.

They sell a fexable additive that you put in your paint for all those soft pieces. I would actually go with some polyenamal black paint becuase that what I am using in school right now thats what they paint aircrafts with becuase its flex's quite abit before it cracks. Great stuff :D

Just have a chat with the guy at the local paint shop and he'll get ya setup :wink:

Kurt

Hey BrokenquestTSI I have a red 88 quest. Go to walmart and get krylon fushion red of course and it coats those plastic pieces real nice. I used it on my bumpers,spoilers, airdam, and mirrors. Just make sure you clean and prep the pieces.

James