What pads?

I'm looking for front and rear brake pads for my Trackday Starion.

I've got big Alcon calipers to fit next year, so for the time being I'm looking for pads to fit standard calipers.

Metal masters or severe duties?

Shipping is pretty expensive. I'm in Britain.

I just put some new calipers on the front of my car. The new calipers came loaded with semi-metallic Rabestos pads, so I decided to try them and pull my Axxis pads out. In short, the new pads suck and I'm going to swap the Axxis pads back in. The Axxis Metal Masters are really nice pads.

the typical metalic pads are all the same no matter what name they put on them. they WILL fade on a roadrace track with the stock brake system.

you can use the metalic pads in the rear with no problem.

i have had the Porterfield R4 carbon kevlar pads and they worked miracles.

i have a new set in the box for the fronts that i don't need anymore. I can send it to you for a good price if you are interested.

maybe the starquest braking system is that much different then a 240's huh? cause the guy i knew that was runnin the metal masters was drifting and roadracing with them at beaverun and is a instructor there, but i do have to say his braking system is stock other then the dimpled and slotted rotors...this of course is gonna help but then again i wasnt really sayin on a completely stock setup that they were going to be top notch i just meant from what i was told they have little to no fade......just what ive read and been told.

240s are lighter and their braking system is better compared to our car.

as for drifting and autox, it doesn't really put a burden on front brakes as does road racing. do 5 brakes from 110 to 30 and the metal in metalic pads will be close to melting.

He did just say that they get to 1000 degrees they start havin issues ;) but i personally wont ever see that so good for me i guess ;) but avg daily driven or even drag/street car they will work wonders compared to stock pads.......but this guy told me the other day that he used these makin it sound like he raced with them but now hes changin stories ya know.....sorry for any confusion etc ;)