MPI crankase ventilation

Yes, alot are using a Krankvent system. I'm not using anything at the moment, but the PCV seems to be doing a pretty good job. Now the stock PCV is eliminated with the Krankvent system, so I'll hollow out the PCV and just use it as a nipple.

Maybe Boosted One or Chad can chime in here...

if i remember right i was lookin up a krankvent and i thought it was a rip off. It was like over a $100 for it. I thought that was bs if this not true someone should send a link for me i would like to use it if it was a fair price

Jeff

You can see mine and just what it does on Saturday at the meet.

Hardely a rip off.

if i remember right i was lookin up a krankvent and i thought it was a rip off. It was like over a $100 for it. I thought that was bs if this not true someone should send a link for me i would like to use it if it was a fair price

Jeff

Hardely a rip off.

Gezz i wish i got to know more about it never really talked to you about it. what does it really do. I hear that it can take the pressure right outta the crankcase during boost. True? Let me know thanks mike

Jeff

Jeff

Hardely a rip off.

Gezz i wish i got to know more about it never really talked to you about it. what does it really do. I hear that it can take the pressure right outta the crankcase during boost. True? Let me know thanks mike

Jeff

Ya I showed everyone there and I guess never did show you...and I have a set on the 1G too that I could have showed you.

Yes, it creates a partial vaccum in the sump, both on and off boost. So there is always a partial vacuum.

I have no crankcase pressure like you would have with a breather or stock breathing system.

You may have noticed I don't have any oil mist under my hood, anywhere. It's the Krankvents.

I showed your buddy with the Mechanics shop the setup and he thought it was slick.

But really...they reall do work wonders. Especially on a boosted vehicle.

Ya dood, you told me to get it on tape for all the doubters! You can hear it really good too! 8)

Well i was one of em but saw the video now and its true i need to order because i have oil coming outta my oil cap. I'll have all this stuff done right over winter

Jeff

Ya dood, you told me to get it on tape for all the doubters! You can hear it really good too! 8)

Well i was one of em but saw the video now and its true i need to order because i have oil coming outta my oil cap. I'll have all this stuff done right over winter

Jeff

Ya you could benefit from using those KV. There not cheap but they work really well, especially on a motor like yours, big turbo, lots of flow. Having that friendly sump enviorment on and off boost is productive.

FIP didn't recommend a set of KV to you?

• 2 weeks later...
So Mike do you run the valve cover KV to your turbo inlet or to atmosphere? I'm finding at the track (road track... G forces..) I'm getting oil out of the oil drain circuit filling up my seperator from the pan. I've got a KV sitting here uninstalled, but I'm wondering if any seperator or filter should be placed between valve cover KV and turbo inlet.

So Mike do you run the valve cover KV to your turbo inlet or to atmosphere? I'm finding at the track (road track... G forces..) I'm getting oil out of the oil drain circuit filling up my seperator from the pan. I've got a KV sitting here uninstalled, but I'm wondering if any seperator or filter should be placed between valve cover KV and turbo inlet.

On my DSM I run the valvecover KV into the intake boot.

On my Starion I vent it to the atmosphere. I get a SLIGHT residue on the KV but nothing ever drips out.

If you feel better you can put a breather or even a breather tank on the end of the VC krankvent.

I've never found a need for that though.

Make sure you use a restrictor though if you install the KV...