Just got my MPI manifold.

I am going to do another MPI on my latest Starquest. It looks very familar dosent it. no its not from AU, its from a 90 eclipse. I will be modifiying it shortly to make it all work. not bad for $50.

http://i12.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/aa/c8/17_1_b.JPG

Jonathan

Needed a bigger challenge :wink: I wonder how the runners will line up with the head ports. I'll have to check on mine tonight. Is it from a turbo or na eclipse? Good luck on your new project.

NA to turbo intakes are the same...injectors change.

That's gunna be way more work and headaches than just modifying a Magna...since you gotta cut and weld you'd be better off with the ready to go flange on the Magna.

Just my opinion... :)

Needed a bigger challenge :wink: I wonder how the runners will line up with the head ports. I'll have to check on mine tonight. Is it from a turbo or na eclipse? Good luck on your new project.

That's gunna be way more work and headaches than just modifying a Magna...since you gotta cut and weld you'd be better off with the ready to go flange on the Magna.

I could of sworn the intake looks different than mine. Maybe the TB?? Maybe I need bigger glasses.

I agree that the Magna would be easier but we'll see.

I could of sworn the intake looks different than mine. Maybe the TB?? Maybe I need bigger glasses.

I agree that the Magna would be easier but we'll see.

That intake manifold is off of a 1.8L eclipse I believe

• 2 months later...

how are you going to do with the intake flange, it comes with the same design that can fit our stock head or Marnel head, are you going to cut it and make a new flange so that way it fits the stock head, marnel head or are you going to use the 2nd gen magna head, i was thinking to that intake that you have i almost buy it for 20 bucks, yes 20 bucks complete, it was coming from i think it was 1990 mitsubishi eclipse but non turbo, yes i think it was that year and it was a 1.8 liter engine i think it was like 4 months ago, but man it was similar the stamp red color eci multi.

I was thinking it will be alot of work of cutting and welding, but thats a project and it takes time, so it all depends if you have the tools to do that,but i don't have the tools thats why i didn't buy it, but $20 bucks man thats not a bad price. i don't know if i can still find that guy, we will see, but tell me if its going fit the flange to the head. let us know about it.

thanks.

I just won one of these on e bay. Came off a 94 eclipse I think. Eight Dollars and Fifty Cents plus a ten spot for shipping. Is coming with all injectors and sensors. Not sure I have the knowledge or the skills to pull something like this off....but for the price I couldn't pass her up. I'm hoping you can get yours working and pass some of that knowledge you gained on down the food chain. Good Luck.

I actually think this may work.

Notice the injectors at an angle like the funky little magna.

this intake is from a 4g37 engine and it looks like ours.

head uses same lifters, and head is shaped ALOT like ours but it is belt driven.

I think this will work EXTREMELY easy.

Wished i had a camera at the yard today.

this is an easier and cheaper way to go MPI.

I think i am going to mod 1 and put it up on ebay.

is there a way that we can modify the plenum, i mean use that mpi intake that you have and cut the back of the plenum and do a little extension plenum putting a much larger size and weld it together. so that way it gets to look a little longer the plenum. will it work better having a little longer plenum modification.

how much will it cost for materials, metal, welding material and whats the estimate time for doing the modification cutting and welding.