honda coilovers?

well a buddy of mine and me were looking at the coilovers made for our cars he was telling me he couldnt tell the diff in those and the ones for hondas or whatever. if they were the right size and spring rate why wouldnt they work why are ours soo damn expensive compared to the $40 honda and eclipse ones on ebay?

The springs would abe all wrong for are car. The hondas are light and FWD. Are cars are heavy and RWD. Plus one reason the hondas are so cheap is, the people that make the cheap knock offs know the can make money off of them Because theres so many hondas around. There not going to make knock off ones for are cars. Because they won't sell none. Well mybye 20 or so. Not enough worth doing. I'm just atleast glad we can get a set. But I would like competion to get the prices down. Oh well. Adam :-)

The springs would abe all wrong for are car. The hondas are light and FWD. Are cars are heavy and RWD. Plus one reason the hondas are so cheap is, the people that make the cheap knock offs know the can make money off of them Because theres so many hondas around. There not going to make knock off ones for are cars. Because they won't sell none. Well mybye 20 or so. Not enough worth doing. I'm just atleast glad we can get a set. But I would like competion to get the prices down. Oh well. Adam :-)

agreed....

• 2 months later...
Real coilovers will actually cost you around $1000. Any poop that you see on ebay is crap... There are no coilovers for our cars, and no, Arts coilovers dont really count as coilovers

VERY TRUE. True coilover systems are adjustable rebound/compression valving and cost about 900 dollars from summit for a nice 12 or 16 way? adjustable coilovers made of aluminum. I am going to fab up brackets for this project and hopefully fit the smallest system and get rid of the entire stock rear suspension. Saves appx 20-30lbs- I have yet to decide on the front suspension.

i think what he was sayin is in another post they/we were talkin about the coilovers (ya ya i know but the terms used loosely anymore) that the guys were buyin on ebay for like 200 shipped....and they look to be the same cheap kits as the $30 honda ones....now yes i know Ante compared to stock they look alot smaller but as yokomoquest said the coilovers for starquest are only 2 1/2" diameter (which i what 80% of kits out there are)....and i know my stock springs are alot bigger then that or at least look it, but hes comparin coilover to coilover from honduh to starquest......anyhow if the springs rates are the same and the kits a decent quality kit then it could work shouldnt matter if cars heavier or not etc if you know what rate you need....im not sayin it'll be best thing out there but should work...in fact for the 50 bux i may try it out and let ya know one way or another ;) but it may be awhile as i just purchased wheels/tires for my ride so gonna be broke for a bit ...and freshening up the engine comes next.