BOOST GAUGE/TURBO TIMER

HEY I TRIED INSTALLING MY APEXI BOOST GAUGE TODAY . BUT THERE IS NO WHERE TO PULL THE VACUUM HOSE THROUGH THE FIRE WALL FROM THE INSIDE. .THE MAIN HARNESS HOLE IS TO SMALL AND IS COVERED BY A PEICE OF RUBBER, CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT. . ANY ALTERNATIVES TO GET THE VACUUM HOSE THROUGHT THE FIRE WALL . .LET ME KNOW. .

ALSO I WANT TO INSTALL MY TURBO TIMER .THAT I TOOK OUT OF MY 1GEN GST .. BUT THETHING WITH THAT IS THAT TURBO TIMER DIDN T HAVE A PLUG IN HARNESS. .ITS JUST LOOSE WIRES. . WHICH WERE LIKE SPLICED IN WITH CONNECTORS. . HERES THE COLORS. :

GREY W/RED DOTS

BLACK W/RED DOTS <----I THINK THATS GROUND

BLUE W/RED DOTS

SOLID RED

SOLID GREEN

AND TAN W/BLACK DOTS <---------AND IM SURE THATS FOR THE

E-BRAKE

SO IF YOU CAN TELL ME WHICH WIRES IN THE IGNITIONN TO SPLICE IN TO THE THAT WOULD HELP ALOT. . THANKS ..

ok the boost gauge should be easy. .now that i know. . but what about the wires for the turbo timer. . can anyone give me a chart for what the wire colors mean. . and where they hook up too , .,

If you go to the hks usa web site they have the install instructions for the timer.

red:constant 12V

green: ignition 12v

blue: accsessory 12V

black: ground

gray: ebrake will not work unless hooked up

brown: tach signal (may need tach adapter to convet the signal,it needs a 5 volt digital signal and not a 12 volt analog signal)

That should be it,it's kinda hard to find on the site so my lazy a** typed it out anyway. good luck.

so the brown wire is hooked up to the tach signal ..thats weird when my friend took it out of my 1G GST. .it was hooked up to the ebrake. And isnt the tach for the type 1 turbo timer. . well ill give it a try. . thanks guys

If you buy the universal harness for a 1g eclipse it'll plug right into our harness. There is no need to go hunting wires down for the turbo timer when you have a harness. I have a Greddy turbo timer and it plugged right into the factory harness without and problems and works fine. The brown wire goes to the e-brake and the purple wire to the tach signal, but that could be different on the HKS...