300zx Hood Vents

Ok, normally i'm all about originality, and not copying somebody elses idea, but i LOVE the way that the hood vent looks in JAinsworth's signature pic. So once i get the actual hood vent (1 only for the passenger side of the hood) what all do i need to do to put it in the hood? For that matter, how do i go about taking it out of the hood of the 300zx at the junkyard? Thanks

Adam

BTW that hood vent is from a 280ZX not a 300ZX and is found on the 82 - 83 turbo models in particular (I know 'cause I had one). It simply bolts on from underneath with about 4 nuts. If you find one at the junkyard it will be easy to remove. On the Z there are 2 (one on drivers side and one on passenger side) you want the drivers side one 'cause it has that scoop attached to it.

Jason

sorry if im tryin to change u idea of a hoodscoop but i always thought the 1st gen 300zx hood scoop would look good on quests. heres a link of waht im talking about

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...%3Doff%26sa%3DG

funny pic. but i didnt feel like lookin for a great pic.

Unfortunately i don't because i ended up graphting a scoop from an '86 mustang SVO onto another hood and am currently using it instead. The hood with the 300zx scoop currently sits in storage.

Jason

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...