Another Power Steering Question / BM Trick Shift??

Ok I have squeeky spots and crap in my powersteering. Embarassing when u have a clean car, girls everywhere, club is letting out, and your feeling good, got the car sounding good, and u turn the wheel and your car starts to sound like a hooptie..NOT cool and your date hangs her head in shame :(.... So I decide 'Im gonna use the bleeder screw to add new fluid into my ATF setup..) Now Im using Valvoline ATF +3 in my system now, and Autozone is now carrying the BM Trick Shift (3$ a quart :roll: ). Is it worth it? I will probably take this on today by Jacking the front of the car up on stands and letting it idle while I cycle the steering wheel back and forth.. sounds easy enuf.. I also wonder if we can use any other cars powersteering pump>> Like a DSM or later model chrysler pump? Thanks in advance :)

~Hugh

ATF? in the power steering, so automatic power steering? Cool :twisted:

oh crap what did i use, ,, hey try LUCAS brand steering stop or somthing like that. there fluids are realy good stuff, try it .

has anyone takin power steering off?

i keep having problems with mine leaking and some of my friends cars have no PS but i didnt know if it would be a good idea on our car

No not the best idea!! our steering linkage is built to be power assisted!! Meaning if you take away the assisted power that leavs the linkage to do all the work!! Just wasent built for that!! There is a mod I belive if you want to go no power, but stock linkage is not strong enough!! It will be for a few months, but after that you will have maijor play in your steering wheel!!

Most of the leaking problems I know of is, the press. line that comes from the pump, has a heat cover over it!! It will get pinhole size holes in it causing it to leak down the hose toward the pump!! This has been my experiance!!

ATF? in the power steering, so automatic power steering? Cool :twisted:

oh crap what did i use, ,, hey try LUCAS brand steering stop or somthing like that. there fluids are realy good stuff, try it .

You're supposed to use ATF in our power steering system-- not PS fluid.

ADAM