national starquest club

knightbaer

I'm a member of www.beretta.net, and I have a reason for saying that  ;)

Once a year we have what is known as Berettafest. We try to keep it as centralized and neutral as possible, this year it's in Memphis, last year St. Louis... Granted that alienates members overseas and in Canada, and even some of the coastal people that don't want to travel. But.... We also have what is called mini-fests that happen year round and in different regions of the country and world for that matter(the canadian members have Canuckfest). If you visit the bulletin board http://www.beretta.net/board/ib3/ikonboard.cgi you'll see we've got regional sections, to keep people in a specific region or area of the world in touch with each other in order to put these mini-fests together. Granted it makes the board much bigger and harder to navigate, but for the most part you don't have to see what's going on in California if you live in New York.

We don't really have seperate clubs for that matter, we do have groups that have named themselves like the Tri-State Club, and the 'Colorado Crew' but for the most part they are all a part of the larger manifest of Beretta.net, and contribute to the whole as the main club.

With that in mind. The national association for Starquests should be the Starquest Club, and from this site, effort could be made to organize meets. 1 large yearly meet can be scheduled as the "Starquest Fest"  set in a central state location, and individuals from regional zones can set up "Mini S/Q fests", with the name Starquest Club behind it all. Locations of the main fest can be voted upon by members planning to attend, and provisions can be made by members in the area that is chosen. For Bfest 2k2 we've got members in Memphis that are making the necessary bookings at local Drag strips, and have contacted SCCA officials to set up possible race locations. Also members in that area have put together 'must see' attractions lists, and have made schedules that people can adhere to so that everything can be done in the 3 days the event is sceduled for. They've also scouted the areas for centralized hotels with every price point in mind, so that members attending won't be far from each other.

Just some ideas using another example I belong too, otherwise known as my....

2.6 cents ;)

OK C U CONQEST GIYS THENK U CAN BRENG UR WEEK CAR TO THE HONDE DELERSHIP THIN BRENG IT ON U DONT CALL THAT DESRSPECT I THENK IT IS AND U MITE WANT TO REWORD THAT BCUZ US HONDA GIYS DONT PLAY WE WILL RUN U OWT SO FAST ITS NOT EVN FUNNE U DONT HAV BETR THINGS TO DO THEN MOWTH US WHIN WE AR NOT LOOKENG WELL I HAV NEWS I AM LOOKING SO HOOEVER HAD THIS IDYA OF CUMING TO OWR DEALER LOT BETR THYNK TWIS ABOWT IT!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...