Stock Spoilers

Project83

I got to thinking after having seen a few pic's of newer narrow body's with spoilers, anybody know if a  stock spoiler from a newer narrow body would fit my '83?  I would think it would, but who knows.  Also, are the spoilers for the widebodies and narrow bodies the same?

Thanks =)

Newer narrowbody?

All narrowbody airdams will fit on all 83-87 flatsiders..  Yes the 86-89 widebody SQ's have different spoilers..Even 88-89 SQ's have a ''1 piece'' spoiler while the older 86-87's have a ''3 piece''...

Here's a flatsider with a "1 piece" widebody spoiler..

http://2.6liter.com/userfiles/StarQuester/flattieWwidebodySpoiler.jpg

You can take a trip over to www.austarion.com   You won't find more flatsider's anywhere on the net..

They have access to this aftermarket spoiler for the flattie's..As you can see, it's a total replacement for the bumper aswell, not 2 piece's like everyone else.. The front bumper and spoiler are integrated...

http://2.6liter.com/userfiles/JustPaus/PhatFlattie.jpg

LOL, my bad i ment the Rear Spoiler on the hatch i should have been more specific, Thank You for the airdam info though thats something else i would have liked to look into, i wonder what the shipping would be from Austrailia for one...

I didn't "think" they changed any besides the hood (On the narrow bodies) but, sometimes when i do that, think logically, i get bite in the butt so i figured i'de ask.  ;)

Thanks.

P.s. Man i love that red narrow body, i pulled up that pic right after i got my car i hate to think what it would cost to get mine that nice... one of these days.

I put an 87 spoiler on my 85.5. Putting the piece on the hatch is pretty simple. Just drill holes. Putting the pieces on the sides is a little more difficult. There were no holes in the inner panels to get screws or nuts through. I just drilled 1' holes for an extension and socket to go through. It will fit, it's just marking the holes.

I'll definately keep that in mind Professsor, thanks for the tips i'de really like to stick a spoiler on this spring and it's nice to know for sure it has been and can be done fairly easy. =) Thanks again.

There is a company in Australia that makes a rear wing like the stock,but like 3 inches higher and at a different angle. Maybe it was coltspeed.I will have to look for it again.