Wheel spacers

ok well Artinist...I think I lik the 10.5" wheel idea... nad I found some 1" spacers but which kind are the safest when a lotof power is involved? I admit to know nothing about spacers as far as durability..I have always stayed away from them honestly.

is the best route to go with teh spacers that offset teh lug pattern adn have lugs built into them or get straight up longer wheel studs and just a blank aluminum spacer

1" for teh SVT wheels.

Shawn

I would say the safest route is to get the billet ones that bolt up and give you a new set of studs to mount the wheels on. I wouln't go a full inch an the gap spacers and longer studs.

You might even be able to find some with a different bolt patttern to open up more possiblities for wheels?

Turborusty

yeah I have always though that wheel spacers were a bad idea...especially in a high hp situation, but if the spacer is strong enough and the lugs in the them are strong enough I dont see much problem. I suppose I dunno how reliable and safe they are. I want to use teh mustang wheels I found... I think they would look sweet.

yeah I know it....but I want to know if I am putting around 450hp out and I going to shear these things off of the most unoportune time? which would be my luck.

I would be just as happy withteh 9" all teh way around ( with teh 17mm  backspacing)  and a 1/2" spacer in teh rear. the fornt shoudlnt need a spacer I wouldnt think...

I will prolly just do the mustang rims tho as long as it is safe and reliable under large amountsof power.

for plain spacers i think 1/2" is safe.

as for the bolt on spacer/adapters, you can have them as thin as 3/4" but that depends on the wheels. if your studs are too long, they will go past the spacer and hit the back of the wheel if the wheel doesn't have free space in between the original lug pattern. these are plenty strong for any type of racing.

another thing to keep in mind. you can find mustang kits on ebay for $70 a pair BUT they dont have the same lug threads as ours so you will have to get different lug nuts.

this place custom makes them at any thickness, bolt patern, and center bore. they go for about $60 each and take a couple of days. just tell them you want them for an eclipse so they know the specs.

B & W Wheel & Accessories

Address:   16016 Valley Blvd, Fontana, CA 92335  

Phone: (909) 356-8094

The adapters just bolt up to your studs like a wheel would but repositions the new studs between the originals and you bolt the wheels on to the new studs.

http://i9.ebayimg.com/03/i/00/8e/f5/b2_1.JPG

Like that.....and they're about the safest type as long as you bolt everything down tight.

Turborusty

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...