Coilover Project

How stiff of a spring do you need? I've got an extra set of Eibach/GC springs that you can have if you want them.

My kit came with 275 and 400. After asking around I found out that I could only use the 275's if I had a much stiffer shock, which I don't, so I'm using the 400 in the rear and would like to go with a 450 -500 in ther front.

After looking at what I have and what it would take to make the GC camber plates work, I may just use them all the way around. I'm thinking of making a plate on the wheel side of the fender and mounting the camber plates on the top or inside of the car. THis will get me an inch or so more of suspension travel and allow the car to sit lower.

Well, I've got a set of 550's. Probably stiffer than you need, but your welcome to have them if you want to try them. I know I'm never going to use them. 400 in the rear would be rough for a daily driver (I had 375's in the rear) but I'm sure your not concerned about that.

spring length is also an issue you guys should keep in mind.

I have 500/400 springs. with the shocks set to medium, it they will rattle the jaw and the tires will catch air at lease once ever time i get on the freeway. the lower profile tires and the lighter weight of the car isn't helping either :)

Thanks Rob fot the offer, but I think I may just get a 7" set of 500's from GC. They are about $60 each and that will give me a little more room of adjustability in the front. That and it may help keep my fillings in my teeth and not in my lap. :P

spring length is also an issue you guys should keep in mind.

I have 500/400 springs. with the shocks set to medium, it they will rattle the jaw and the tires will catch air at lease once ever time i get on the freeway. the lower profile tires and the lighter weight of the car isn't helping either :)

Do you run the adjustable kyb's all the way around?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...