SHP? replacement

mtkjeep

• 1 month later...
BS they will not fit just got mine today and the front ones are different because where the springs goes doesn't have a plate on it and was told that take the old one off and use that but the damn thing is welded. but the back ones will fit but the fronts you have to change half the s*** to fit. I'm really piss.

BS they will not fit just got mine today and the front ones are different because where the springs goes doesn't have a plate on it and was told that take the old one off and use that but the damn thing is welded. but the back ones will fit but the fronts you have to change half the s*** to fit. I'm really piss.

Your struts should look like this.  Rears with the perch (left) , fronts without (right)

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/kyb.jpg

This is because the front replacement design is a "insert" that slides down into the front housing.  Take off the top nut and dump the oil and old components out, slide the insert in, screw the nut back on.  In fact the new struts most should of came with a new top replacement nut for the housing.  The perch that is welded on is a part of this housing.

• 1 month later...
so in reading this post and others like it...id assume that there is no replacement/upgrade to get adjustable struts on the front but id assume that either KYB or tokico has adjustables for the rear.

• 4 weeks later...