Is there a real difference between KYB-G2's....

dj_nova

Couldn't fit it in the title but it is the question i have,

having a aussie starion 84' (flatbody) looking to import some shocks,

KYB'g2's have two part numbers for the front yet rears are the same.

83-86 and 86-89

as you guys most probably know,

since i found a good deal on a set of 86-89's ($189US),  i'm wondering how much if there is any difference in grabbing the 86'89's and throwing them in my 84' starion....

Or even better, could some one suggest a good place to import the kyb's for the 83'86 models?

cheers,

Aaron.

It's the ther way around .the part # for the front are the same because they are just inserts,The rear have 2 part# due to they are a whole replacement and the way they mount and the break line mounts.

thanks for your reply at least,

however i think you mis read my question,

i know its confusing however,

i found cheap shocks (for a aussie starion)

i own a 1984 starion

the KYB-G2's for a 1983-1986 model part numbers are

#365029 for the fronts

and #235003/4 for rears,

the KYB-G2's for a 1986-1989 model starion part numbers are

#365060 fronts and same as above for rears.

now i'm wondering, since the shocks i found are for a 86-89 model car, can they go directly into my 1984...

hope that clarifyied things...

I am not 100% sure but they should bit. I think the difference might be in the little spacer at the bottom of the inserts. you will either have to cut it to size, or not use it at all. should be easy to figure out.

if there are different part numbers for the rear shocks, you can ignore them. the left and rear shocks are interchangable. tokikio stopped making one side altogether. so if you were ordering them, you would get two left or two right, cant remember which but doesnt matter.

thanks for you help mate,

first one to help here and in melbourne, no one else seems to know of simply doens't care... any ways, not hating just wouldn't be a popular question thats all..

rears i'm not fussed with as the seller is selling the right ones for my model starion,

its only the fronts i just dont want to buy from the states and they anit the right size or wat ever,

though i really can't see how there is much difference between the 83-86 models to the 86-80 models...

if its a spacer can be simple but its the chance i have to take waitting for them to ship in then, opening to find something different, because why would KYB state two different numbers if there wans't a difference, you feel me...

cheers,

Aaron.