Need NEW BRAKES

I've owned my starion/quest for over a year now and after a few mods, it's time for new brakes.  I'm adding alot more HP later, so now I want to focus on my brakes.  Can anyone help me determine what I need..such as new brake-lines,pump's, pads, etc.?  Right now, I couldn't stop if I didn't downshift...soo please help?

Well as far as brakes go you have several options.

BUT first you MUST make sure your system is working propperly, (ie good master good lines ect) But if all checks out them here are a few suggestions.

- Steel Braid Brake Lines (I preffer the TWO lines per corner)

- AXXIS or equivalent brake pads (Get as agressive a pad as you wish)

- Stickier tires (Softer tire compound will stop you faster than a hard old tire)

- Replace your brake fluid to a DOT4 or 5 synthetic is best.

- Remore your ABS modulator ( Better more predictable braking )

And last but not least, if you want to go all out with brakes I offer a Big Brake KIT. Although not for everyone it is the best braking set-up you can have under the OEM wheels. It uses a 12" rotor and 4 piston Wilwood calipers.

And cross drilled or slotted rotors will NOT make you stop faster during normal driving conditions. The cross drilled and slotted rotors will help you ONLY during HARD braking runs, down hill curvy roads were you are hard on the brakes every 10 to 15 sec for more than 4 minutes continously. Heat equals brake fade cross drilling and slotting cools rotors YES but will not do a darn thing on traffic jams or on a trip to get milk and cereal at the local grocery store !

So those are your options as far as braking.

If you have any questions on brakes just let me know.

Thanks

Oscar (The-Grouch)

oscardortega@yahoo.com