Drift Car????

ChvyKc

I drift with my starion, and my friend had a 240 and drifted with taht and hated it, he loves drifitng with my car, he got rid fo that and got a 2nd gen RX-7, and he still loves drifting with the starion alot better, i'll tell you what though, it's not about suspension, weight distribution or whatever, it's all technique, and you can only figure it out once you start practicing, don't even think about what kind of suspension or mods or whatever you want to do till you find out what you can do with the car, you need to modify your car to your needs, if you need a stiffer suspension then upgrade, but i haven't had a problem with my suspension at all

The only real problem i've had with it is that the frame is a bit loose, that's something that you guys are forgetting about, you need to stiffen up the frame alot, your frame bends and twists alot when you gettin your car sideways

Another problem i've found is that our brakes are too weak, i use the brake to induce the drift, shifts all the weight to the front of the car, making the rear super easy to get out, just heel and toe with the rpms high, and you've already got boost so you don't have to worry about the extra power slammin the back end around, makes things extremely predictable

I use different techniques though, for short ubrupt turns, closer to 90 degrees, i'll heal and toe a brake drift, for long turns, i'll powerslide, and the key for powersliding is to slowly increase acclereration into the turn, you have to wait for it, start turning into the turn early and accererate, you'll get a higher top speed and hit the apex perfectly, once your sideways though, you have to hit the throttle hardcore, you'll see if you try it out

Don't EVER E-BRAKE TO INDUCE A DRIFT, it's a cheater's way and should only be used for f/f cars, you'll wreck your tires alot faster too

Also, i believe that your turning pole or whatever is slightly behind your engine, when you drift, your front tires are also sliding, however it all depends on your angle

Sorry, that this is so long, but i've got a response to almost every post in here

I owned 2 different S13s before buying my Starion - Diamond Star

Sorry dude, but unless you got those imported from japan, you only had 240's, it bugs me to no end when people say they have s13's cause the s13 is the chassis name, not the car name, and 240's had a completely different chassis then the s13.

Understeering isn't a problem, actually almost 90% of a drift is understeer, once you've got the rear end out, your understeering the entire time to get it back on track or to keep it sideways, only if it's a long drift and you need to readjust the angle back out do you start to oversteer again

If you guys want to watch some awesome drifting, check out the anime Initial D, i know it's only a cartoon, but it's still cool, you might even learn a couple things

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Initial D rocks!!  Did you know that there's a 4th stage coming out.  6 episodes are already out in Japan.

Ha, you know it, yeah, it's the EX-6 v the AE86, my friend just picked it up from FYE, i still gotta see it, the 5th one is comin out soon too, i can't wait, supposedly Tak blows a motor or somethin in the next one

You've only seen the ones in English?  If so, there were 3 diferent stages, or seasons,  the first two stages, are the made up of episodes.  the first stage has, I want to say 26 episodes, and the second stage has 19 (don't hold me to these stats, I am more than likelwrong).  The third stage is actually a movie.  Now there is a 4th stage coming out in Japan, and as far as I know, 6 episodes of that stage have been released over there.

I have seen all the way through the third stage movie.  I saw them in there original Japanese with english subtitles before they started releasing them on DVD in english dubs (a friend here at college has them).  and yes, Takumi Fujiwara(Tak in the english version, to make it more"hip") does blow his engine, not against the EX-6 though, I'll let you watch and see what happens.  

It's an awsome series, but I'm waiting until their prices drop before I even consider paying for the new DVDs.

Derek

Due to licensing crap, you can no longer legally buy everything, you can only buy the new ones with the english dubs. It sucks!

But the arcade game rules, I only played it once, and I didn't buy the memory card that they offer.  The closest one to me right now (that I know of) is about 45 minutes away at a mall somewhere around Cleveland.

Interseting fact: Another one of my freinds here live in Lancaster, PA.  And his local arcade has the first Initial D arcade game, granted they weren't the first to recieve it, but it's the first one that entered the country.

If all goes well with vitamincj's car, I'll see you Saturday.  I'll bring you a copy of Initial D battle stage, it shows all the car races through at least the first two stages, it might even cover the 3rd stage movie.  It's about 45 min. long, and nothing but racing.

Derek