aluminum spare wheel

has anyone tried to see if the late model RX7 or the 3000GT spare wheel/tire fits the starion? clearing the brakes should be no problem but I am not sure about the center hub, but thats nothing some grinding cant fix. it should save 5-10lbs over the stock one. they could also be used in the fronts for drag racing (with a proper tire).

I love the spare enkei wheels that come with rx-7's I was thinking today about getting one. P.S. THe only ones that had 5 bolt aluminum spares were turbo II cars which are kinda rare.  The base models have nice aluminum 4 bolts of the same type and GXL's are 5 bolt but come with steel spares.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've found the best way to save weight and keep the stock spare tire............take it out and put it in the garage! ;)  And to make it even better it's a free mod.

oh ya, those turbo IIs had them too. just saw one on ebay for $35 with a worn out tire. what a joke, LOL

but i was refering to the last model RX7. that and the one on the 3000GT are 17" wheels. should be able to use tires from a motorcycle on them for a nice low contact patch and low drag for drag racing ;D