Will this work?

I have a friend that had a geo storm and he wanted to lower it. He bought this little metal piece that fits on the spring and you can tighten it and it compresses the spring and lowers the car. I never saw it on is car though. Does anybody know anything about this? Like how much does it lower the car? Will it hurt anything? Is it possible to do this on the Quest? Thanks

Draggin_Quest

Once you compress the spring using the device you are describing, you are essentially changing the spring rate characteristics of the spring. You don't want to do that. Get REAL springs... and buy quality springs. Some of the cheaper springs out there sag A LOT after it settles, lowering the car much more beyond what you originally bought in the first place. Also remember to pair up the new springs with a set of aftermarket dampers (or struts, shocks, etc as they are called... but that's a misnomer in every sense) that are valved to handle the new springs. The stock dampers are designed to work with the stock springs... so toss those out.

I have a friend that had a geo storm and he wanted to lower it. He bought this little metal piece that fits on the spring and you can tighten it and it compresses the spring and lowers the car. I never saw it on is car though. Does anybody know anything about this? Like how much does it lower the car? Will it hurt anything? Is it possible to do this on the Quest? Thanks

Draggin_Quest

• 1 month later...