need GC coilover spec

can someone please measure the inside diameter of the GC coilover sleeves and the spring measurements please. i am trying to put together a kit from a different manufacturer which should be cheaper and work better.

If your trying to build a coilover set with Honda (ricer) springs forget it, they are to small.   Your options are to buy the set from Ground Control.  

You can check my site I have some pics of the coilover setup.

www.moto-on.com

Later Ron

ricer springs? springs are springs. 2.25' diameter springs are made by 1000 different manufacturers and they cost between $25 to about $50 each for the eibachs. as for quality of the aluminum parts, the GC is probably the worst i have seen. the lower adjustable coller is so loose and flimzy on the threads that i was worried to lower the car off the jack for the first time thinking it would break. the fact is these things are very simple to make and are very generic. i bet the coilover kit of an eclipse will fit our car without any modification. you will just have to get the right spring rates.  GC is welcome to sell these for $400, but this time I would rather buy something better for $200.

Sorry to forget the important part.   The "SLEAVES/COLLERS", will not fit.  The springs are 2.5".   The 2.25" are used in shock type applications.   The 2.5" springs will fit the collers.  You need to buy the collers to fit our struts (they have a larger diameter)) $50each (includes hat)!  You can use a different spring.   My sleaves hold my car up.   The Eibachs cost $50 each.  You really don't know what spring rate those junk sets are for $55 for 4.  You get what you pay for.  

Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

Later Ron

i had them also and they worked great. i used them on the track 3 times. i just think they are overpriced and they dont fit as well as they should. I think i can find something better fitting for half the price. i am looking right now.

• 2 weeks later...