Hardwired Turbo Timer Installation Instructions

This should probably be added to the FAQ since I couldn't seem to find any instructions on it:  ???

1.  Remove the 2 screws holding the hood latch in place and remove hood latch.  Pop off the A/Int Wip Cancel button and remove silver ring (big nut basically).  Pop cover from opposite side and remove screws from both.  Remove fuse panel cover.  Remove 5 screws from bottom of steering column plate.  Remove plate.

2.  You should see an abundance of connectors including a big blue one.  The connector you are looking for is black and has 6 connections on it (only 5 wires).  The wires are about 10g wire and are as follows:

White with a Black stripe (WB)

Black with a Yellow stripe (BY)

Black with a White stripe (BW)

Blue with a White stripe (LW)

Blue with a Black stripe (LB)

sixth slot is empty

3.  Once you have found the connectors, you will need to connect:

Timer                    Harness

12V (Red)             WB

ACC (Blue)            LW

ON (Green)           BW

Ground (Black)       Good ground source

The color listings (Red, Blue, Green) are going to depend on the individual turbo timer but this is what the colors were on my Greddy unit.

4.  Reassemble in reverse  ;)

Hope this helps a few peoples.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry man, I intended on responding to this and forgot.   :P  Mine is the older Trust unit.  Not sure what the model number is.  You can check on greddys website and make sure that the wires are the same http://www.greddy.com/tech.asp.  Usually the extra wire (purple and gray) is going to be the accessory/safety wire that connects to the E-Brake.  Mine didn't have one so I am not sure.

• 1 month later...

thanks for the instructions man! My pivot is a little different but it does have the purple wire. How the heck would you hook up the parking brake?

ps- I like the way the rustang wheels look without the center cap :)

• 4 weeks later...

Basically, if you know which wire from your turbo timer unit is for connecting to the eBrake.

You just run it under the carpet back toward the eBrake handle itself.

Close to the front of the rear center console (underneith it that is) you'll see a connector that's all by it's lonesome right next to the front screw mount for the console.

The turbo timer's eBrake wire just ties into the light switch which is tied to the dash.

• 7 years later...

Wow, 8 years later and i find this info.

If the rain stops i want to go out and attempt to install an HKS type 0 turbo timer. I do have the harness MT-1 (4103-RM001). I was intending on removing the steering column cover as that's where i would assume the ignition connectors would be. Apparently i would be looking at the wrong place. So the correct place where the harness will piggy back into the factory wiring would be behind the hood latch area as described in this thread?

Also, i am looking at the FSM and at the center console diagram. Assuming from what i see, if i remove the 2 screws closest to the shifter and the two inside the console space the whole thing will lift off? Does the emergency belt disconnect need to be disconnected somehow to get the console off to get to the lonely parking brake lever wire?

Also, i am looking at the FSM and at the center console diagram. Assuming from what i see, if i remove the 2 screws closest to the shifter and the two inside the console space the whole thing will lift off? Does the emergency belt disconnect need to be disconnected somehow to get the console off to get to the lonely parking brake lever wire?

http://www.starquestgarage.com/manuals/service/conquest/1988/88_conquest_service_manual_-_group_23_-_body.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, 8 years later and i find this info.

If the rain stops i want to go out and attempt to install an HKS type 0 turbo timer. I do have the harness MT-1 (4103-RM001). I was intending on removing the steering column cover as that's where i would assume the ignition connectors would be. Apparently i would be looking at the wrong place. So the correct place where the harness will piggy back into the factory wiring would be behind the hood latch area as described in this thread?

I bought my timer used from a fellow member and it came with an adaptor that plugged between the factory harness and the turbo timer---plug n play no hacking wires---the plug is visible if u look up by the steering column from the drivers floor----then I just spliced into the black wire at the e-brake---u can pop off the cover where seatbelt release is and splice---whole thing took bout 20min.Hope it helps

gig out