mounting amp

• 1 month later...

Under the carpet in the spare tire well is not the best option unless your are going to cool it by bringing in fresh cool air and exhausting the hot air.  Too much work for one amp if you ask me.  If the amp is small enough, then mount it on one of the back seats and face most of the wiring connections toward the bottom of the seat if the seat is folded up.  Leave about 2 inches at the bottom so you can have some room for the wires.  Now fold the seat down and screw the amp in.  If the amp is too big for one seat the you can screw the two seats together with some metal strapping and then screw the amp over the straps to hide them.  You will have to use both seat releases at the same time if you do this.  Either way do all of your wiring with the seat folded down, that way you can always fold the seat if you want to.  8)

Whoops, I forgot, if the amp is small enough and is going to be powering the front speakers you can always put it under the passenger seat.

E-Mann

emann420, my bad my dumba** didn't read your whole post.  I just saw that iw as long and you probably were not talking about the back seats.  well you know what they say about assuming   ::)

I have an Eclipse amp under the sub floor in the hatcharea.  It makes for a nice hidden location and the heat is not excessive. I have yet in over a year to have the heat overload to trip. Not a bad location if you have a decent amp.(cheaper amps will build more heat.)