Re: boost guages

maxwelhse

$.02 coming at ya..

I've never seen an electric boost/vacuum gauge, but I'd bet if it's out there it will be expensive since it would require a sending unit (a MAP for my GM is $70) to relay the information to the gauge. Plus then you've got tons of stuff to diagnose if something goes wrong.

Normally I'd be with ya, but in this particular case (and oil pressure) I see mechanical as being the way to go.

There is a place to run it through behind the brake booster. Kinda a bear to get to took two people and and a long pair of needle nose to fish it through.  Found it by having one person shine a light inside the car with the instrument panel out and I looked around the firewall under the hood for light to shine through.

• 1 year later...
there's also another spot on the passenger side. it's a small rubber uh.... plug i guess. anyway, you can feed wire through it and drop your glove box. then look in there, grab it, and go back to the engine. then tie the end of the wire in your engine to the hose or whatever you are going to pull through. pull it through, and voila, you're done. i didn't know about the one on the other side, that works though, i'll have to check that out.

The plug behind the brake booster was actually pretty easy for me to feed the hose through...

Electrical gauges are very pricey... I saw an autometer for $230!!  Screw that... Either way, you're running some kind of wire/hose anyway..Why not save $180? LOL

Go mechanical bro...

• 2 weeks later...
;)I have that autometer 230.00 sport comp gauge for fuel pressure. I wouldn't want to run fuel into my car so I opted to with that style Fuel pres. gauge, it comes with a electronic self calibrating sending unit, that I tapped into the top banjo bolt of the firewall fuel filter. This gauge is very accurate and was worth the money! I don't think I would want to run hot oil into my car either! My next two gauges I buy will be an eletronic oil pressure gauge and a eletronic EGT gauge, I'm trying to find the room to mount them in the gauge cluster, where the stock tach is, will post pics on my homepage below when done. ;D