Picture of fog and parking light mod

Sam

not to put a damper on this but the reason they didnt come like that stock is its not legal. atleast not in va.  law says that you can have foglights on when your low beams are on and when you hit hight beams they have to go off.  When they were imported for them to sell everywhere they had to pass this.  Thats how all new cars are.  Â 

I don't think this is a federal law.  If it is, it's not enforced around here.  I am always seeing cars driving with just parking and fog lights on.  My '91 T-Bird SC had to have the headlights on for the fogs to be on, but my '93 Olds Bravada will allow them to come on with just the parking lights.  Who knows, I don't think it hurts anything, and it looks cool.  If we could just put enough candlepower behind there to eliminate the pop ups.

Jake

ive only ever seen two or three people check.  im not sure, do they go off when you turn on your highs still?  i had a friend with a mustang have to pull his off to pass inspection because he wired them to a toggle switch.  i have 4 fog lights on my truck and i passed, two are hidden in the grill and the other two i put covers on.  they arent tails about these things but i would hate to see it happen.  if you do have these tight laws you can always not cut the wire but make a toggle switch between the headlights and parking lights so you could toggle it for insp:)

• 1 month later...
I am in the process of getting my baby (87 Quest) back on the road after a blown motor. I was going to sell her, and her sister, but after reading some post, we fell back in love. Anyway, I've been wanting to mod my fog lights, but I don't know how. Could someone post a link to the instructions. I would much appreciate it.