Almost ready to install

I don't have the throttle cable hooked up yet, nor do I have any of the PCV or brake booster lines hooked up, just plugged for the time being.

Not sure where the idle screw is on this mustang t body...

I had a heck of a time gett a tach trigger, tried the coil neg, MSD tach output then finally I hooked the tach trigger to the posiitive on the coil and it started up....

I'm gussing that if you use the mag trigger for the MSD (purple and green wires) then the tach out on the MSD doesn't work...  :?:  Not sure...

I dont even have the turbo or intercooler hooked up, still have to figure out how im going to do that... are you guys cutting the exit tube off the intercooler and running the piping through the rad area near the battery? I've been working on this with all the free time I've had for the past 3 weeks!!! and it finally runs!!!  ;D

I did reroute the IC piping to come through the other side.

I'd be careful triggering off the + side of the coil, I haven't heard of that being done.  Maybe ask one of the gurus on the MS forum.

If the TB has an idle screw then it's probably on the right side bottom in the first pic you have posted.  See where the throttle arm hangs down on the right side?  Typically there'd be a machine screw threaded into the aluminum boss behind it to hold the throttle open.

Working on routing the intercooler piping, got the intercooler out today, cleaned it out, getting ready to cut it...

Off with the intake manifold once again, I was leaking oil didn't do a very good job with the gasket last time.If I have to take this intake manifold off one more time Im going to scream!!!

One thing I could use some assistance on here, what are you all doing with your fuel lines and fuel filter? I need to redo myn, the lines aren't quite long enough. I've searched around for fittings and universal filters to replace the stocker with little luck. Any advice here would be helpful. im planning on going with steel braded line, but I can't find the fittings I need.

Yeah, the + side of the coil is really wierd, but it works with my MS, so I don't know what to say. Here's my setup:

MSD 6a triggerd off  the distributor by the purple and green mag pickup on the MSD. They say you should be able to trigger off the tach out on the MSD, or the _ side of the coil, I havn't been able to get those working. I thought the opto isolator was blown on the megasquirt so I figure what the hell let me try the plus side of the coil. To my suprise it worked... Ill have some new pics soon...

I did have the turbo or anything really hooked up to the TB, I just wanted to test the MS and see if i could get it to run, which I did, but I couldn't get the idle to go down (didn't even have the MAP sensor hooked up) from 1500-2000...

im also working on making a bracket for the throttle cable... Hope to have everything back in tomorrow. Ill have to go back later and do the fuel lines over again at some point.

I suspect that when you use a mag pickup trigger on a MSD, that the tach out on the MSD does not work. Either that or according to the MSD tech I spoke with stated that I need a tach adaptor.

Im sick of this crap with MSD, Im moving to a Ford EDIS 4 setup with my MS. Thats what your running right Eeaston? I think artinist is running the same setup too..

Looks like you can do a lot of cool stuff with the EDIS...

Anyway,

I tried hooking the stock ignitor up again, which worked for about 1 minute then died and I couldn't get it to work again. Its as if there was a fuse that blew and it just stopped working... Checked the fuseable links, and fuses, no problems. Seeing 12 volts at the coil. The coil could be bad too...

So it looks like Im going to have a little more downtime. I need to put a new clutch in anyway, maybe I'll start working on that this weekend until I get the EDIS 4 parts.

I am using EDIS.  I think Art's got an SDS or a TEC.  I haven't had any trouble with the EDIS setup, just make sure you use shielded wire where they tell you to.  Also the diode/zener tach adapter works great with this setup, the EDIS tach output doesn't like to drive our tach for some reason.

Didn't get it running yesterday, barely got the VR sensor test mounted, and started attaching the crank wheel to the pulley....

Im going to finishing mounting up the 36-1 wheel today.

Hopefully if everything goes well today Ill be wiring the EDIS up and then firing it up.

I love it, even though I can't really drive it yet...

I'm putting in a new clutch soon, and doing some brake work. The clutch slips so bad right now.

Then Im sending it out for inspection... :twisted:

I can tell it has so much more power now... It really screams now.

And I have a bad crimp in my intercooler pipes that I have to work out. I also don't have a laptop to tune it with yet...