going mpi "need info"

well my car still has an idle problem that i cannot figure out. it has to be in the wiring harness( a short, melted wire or a relay) instead of paying a shop or the dealer 100's of dollars to fix this old tbi setup i wanna upgrade to mpi. my question is this. When you do so do you eliminate the use of the vehicles ecu and mas? i'm thinking about the hurricane 4 set up. do you just not use the vehicles wiring harness? and just tap into the oxygen sensor.  Will this hopefully solve my idle problem. Cause its just not an idle problem also under boost the injectors seem to get a mix signal?

thanx for any help

• 2 weeks later...
i second his statement. your idling problem will definitely be gone if you go mpi. i went mpi over the last year. the three years before that, i had only driven the car a total of 6 days total and had issue after issue with the stock crap setup. mpi is definitely the reliable way to go...not to mention, it is better suited for performance than the tbi setup...

• 1 month later...

I'm currently going to mpi (hurricane)

when removing the ecu harness and igniter can I also remove the flimsy wire fuse that sticks out? coz I notice that it also has the fuse to the starter w/c of course ill need.Is there any list of thing to remove so i won't be making the wrong guess :)

Thanks,

Joe