Junkyard MPI??

hi all,i live in australia and can get my hands on  the magna mpi intake manifold /fuel rail ready for easy welding mod for your car  . i think $200.00 au will keep me in the black.email me  aomnet@bigpond.com.au :)

• 3 weeks later...
just wonderin if there is any parts of cars i can cut, weld, splice, hack together to make a mpi system instead of goin aftermarket. Basically a poor mans MPI.

A Magna intake IS from the junkyard man!  ;D  The intake itself isn't that expensive (I believe there is a GP right now for $370 for a complete one welded and everthing), but you have to get other stuff too like a fuel management system and those don't come cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
as far as junk yard systems  ,i'm  working on trying a volvo  760 turbo  system  from an  89   car, befor moveing on to a  hawk, just to see what the   out come would be,,may also try a DSM  ecu  , not sure  just  yet

• 2 weeks later...

ok ive read all the threads and im not finding just what im looking for.  

can i use basically any mpi system?  or does it need to be from a turbo vehicle to handle the boost.?    i just finished putting a stock truck injection system onto a older carbed model and it was really quite simple.  i was working on a 92 mitsu mighty max and installed its system into an 86 model that was carbed. it was really simple. i kept thinking the whole way thru that it would run a quest, just like it sat, just a intake that would bolt to the head of a 2.6 and we all know how simple that is.so how does the boost situation come into all this?

a  normal  efi  don't have the fuel maps for the add'd  air that a turbo  pushes,, so you'd be lean  under boost

and whats the most common car out there with  an engine  close to ours ,,the volvo

these have been out  sence  the  mid 80's  in several  designs  from efi to cis changeing  yr to  yr back and forth efi/cis

• 1 month later...

Yellow wheel  as an up date on the use of the volvo  fuel system i did get it to run but had a problem with  rotor  and cap  location,,  i'm sure with  the proper  rotor alignmet the system  will work  fine  for a daily driver,, but had to shelf  it  for  now , cause  i couldn't locate an  use'd cap and rotor from a volvo to  get measurement's from , because the 60 btdc  timeing  place'd the rotor  inbetween the  wire terminals

this is the first  junk yard system  actuly to run a mpi quest i  know of , but there many be others  i have not heard of