injectors for MPI

I've got the 86lb/hr (flowed 970cc@45psi) siemens injectors, they are also available from racetronix, and accel resels them as their low impedence injectors. BTW the guys at racetronix are awesome, I'd recommend. I had 3 matching injectors and a fourth 55lb/hr and the guys at racetronix actually sold me one injector by itself and got it here in 4 days when summit had it on a 3 week backorder for $20 more. I got the original set from somewhere else.

• 1 month later...

I spent 240 shipped to my house on brand new delphi's from racetronix, just a thought. If you are going MPI, I suggest bigger than 550cc, you'll run out of fuel flow before you know it. You'll be running to much duty cycle on the injectors and fry them.

Glenn

Can someone explain high and low impedence to me?  Everytime I go and try to learn about them, I get more and more confused.  What does a DSM or a Starquest have?

Most injectors are high impedence, the smaller ones are always high impedence. 550cc and up are usually low impedence. Impedence is resistance on a circuit and is measured in ohms. the lower resistance allows the injector to open and close faster, so when the injector has a sewer hole sized nossil, it can still let out a small amount with a decent spray pattern. but the low impedence is harder on electronics, so you need to have a system that supports the impedence of your injectors. Its just like speakers, a 4ohm speaker is lowder than an 8 ohm speaker, but requires the right electronics. Some car stereo amps will boast being 1 ohm stable and that just means that you can take 4 4ohm speakers and wire them in parallel like 2 4ohm speakers wired + to + and - to - make 2 ohms, but two 4 ohm speakers wired the opposite way, +to- and -to+ will make 8ohms and it will be half as loud at the same power. 0ohms is a perfect circuit.

ok so I take it the 76lb/h injectors are what like 800cc injectors times 4

or the 86lb/h @ 970cc times 4

I will keep those in mind... I planned on spending liek 200 on brand new 550cc injectors

SpooledupRacing

76lb= 798cc and 86lb=903cc.  76lb supports about 469 hp and 86lb supports about 531 hp.

yeah, 86 lb/hr doesn't equal 970cc, instead, my injectors are "rated at" 86lb/hr but when I had them put on a flow bench they ended up at 970cc like the best one was 972 and the worst 967, so they are pretty damn close

Ifi am not mistaking, those are projected hp humbers for a normal aspirated engine. in a turbo aplication, they can produce more hp because fuel pressure goes up and hence they flow more.

550s at 35 base fuel pressure of a normal aspirated engine will flow like 800cc injectors at 60psi.

550s at 20 psi will easily support 400hp.