Question about wiring up Fuel Injectors

I am using the Hawk 4-driver unit. I would think this would be common to most engine management systems but I could be wrong.  When the injectors get hooked up do you put injector 1 to cylinder 1 and injector 2 to cylinder 2 and injector 3 to cylinder 3 and injector 4 to cylinder 4 or is it injector 1 to the first cylinder to fire, then injector 2 to the second cylinder to fire and injector 3 to the third cylinder to fire and injector 4 to the last cylinder to fire?  Does this matter? This might not matter because in reading through the manual it seems as though there is only one main fuel map.  And it looks as though the injectors are all fired at the same time every time.  Is that correct?  

Thanks,

Craig

how many injectors does your setup fire at a time?

my TEC fires 2 at a time. following the manual i now have mine connected to fire 1+3 then 2+4. but before it was firing 1+4 and 2+3 and I did not notice any change in the engine function when i rewired it accoring to the manual. so it may not be bid deal if yours fire 2 at a time also.

http://home.earthlink.net/~artinist/images/misc/tec2wiring.jpg

I am not sure how many injectors get fired at a time only because the Hawk has 4 injector outputs.  But in looking through the manual and working with the program they both only reference 2 injector outputs.  You can stage them so they both fire every time or everyother time.  But I do not know if each of these injector outputs they talk about in the manual and program might control two of the actual injector outputs on the Hawk.    I know there are a few on here using the Hawk but they never respond to my PM's or posts.

Craig

The Hawk will only do Batch fire. 2 at a time. Likely, like more other kits, the 4 -Ground leads for the injectors can be traced in the harness to only two outputs.

Hook up a DVM and check continuity between all those leads. 2 of them will show as being connected most likely.

In all cases I've ever seen, you have to read the referance material to find out what injector is fired in what order. Usually you have two outputs, basically INJ1/2 are together, and INJ3/4 are together. Depending on your spark mode, trigger setup and the software settings, you would figure which goes where rather easily.

If your in batch mode, INJ1 & INJ2 would need to be on the cylinders that would always fire together (1 and 4), and INJ3 & INJ 4 would go on 2 and 3. You would of coarse have to verify which injectors are wired together in the harness or designed to fire at the same time.

In multipoint mode, it simply doesn't matter at all. All four come on together. The only setting that would matter is a software setting (injection pulses per ignition event), and that would only effect mostly fuel economy and idle quality.

Most ECU's have MANY injector output wires,  but how you wire it really depends on what the system supports, how the software is setup etc. The hawk everyone has been buying (I think its the EC21?) supports Batch mode at best. That simplifies your life some, becuase you know that they will fire in sets of 2.

The injection pulses per ignition event will fire will adjust how often (every time or every other time in your terms). I would correct that to say Every time is 2 times per complete cycle, or every other time is once per complete cycle.

To simplify, you have 2 injector output drivers, but they "pre-wired" the harness for 4 total output WIRES. That means, they are grouped by two, and now you don't have the job of splitting the outputs yourself... they did it for you. Find out which pair is firing together first, put that on 1 & 4. Then find the second pair, and hook to 2 & 3.

Joel

I checked out the injector leads and they are all driven by separate drivers.  I was pretty sure that is how they would be.  Because I had to get the 4 driver unit because my injectors are low impedence and the 2 driver unit would not be able to handle two of them.  I am sure there must be someone that can help me. This is all I need to find out and I will be able to complete the wiring.  

Thanks,

Craig

My injectors are fired by two "drivers" (only 2 wires, split into 4) on my haltech using low impedence injectors. They have settings in the software to double up the driver internally.

The Hawk doesn't do sequential injection. Not unless they came out with that new one in the last two weeks and I missed it?

It does do batch.

Joel

Well I finally got my answer needed.  I spoke with Steve over at EFI hardware in Australia.  On the Hawk 4 driver unit injector drivers 1 & 3 are wired together and injector drivers 2 & 4 are wired together.  Now I can finally finish the wiring in my car and hopefully get it running.

Craig