removing old intake couple questions with picture.

I am in the process of taking off the old intake to put in the new Magna and I had a couple questions as to what to do with these items since they are not on the Magna. I have numbered them, so if you can help I would appreciate it.

1- Plug off lines?

2- EGR vaccum lines, plug off?

3- solenoids for EGR, unplug and leave?

4-TPS solenoid, rewire to SDS system?

5- ISC will i rewire to SDS system?

6- Unplug or rewire?

http://streetchallenge.com/uploadpix/up/Vaccum%20diagram.jpg

1. Magna shouldn't have a spot for that thermovalve. If it does, don't install thermovalve, just find a plug with the correct thread.

2. Take EGR Stuff, throw in trash can. No need to plug what isn't there.

3. Read above.

4. No such thing as a "TPS Solinoid", but thats part of the EGR Control. Read #2.

5.  SDS (or usually ANY aftermarket ECU) will not like the ISC. They have no provision for it, as its VERY non-standard. Buy a 3 or 4 wire (or whatever SDS supports) IACV solinoid or stepper valve. I prefer the soliniod, but its really up to what SDS supports.

6. Not sure what that is, but don't use the stock harness anyway.

If you unplug the harness side, take the stock ecu out, the harness side connectors do nothing. Just wire in SDS to the sensors you need (which should be provided in their kit). Do not use stock sensors if they give you a replacement in the kit... they have greater resolution and/or calibrated to the SDS unit.

Joel

1. Magna shouldn't have a spot for that thermovalve. If it does, don't install thermovalve, just find a plug with the correct thread.

2. Take EGR Stuff, throw in trash can. No need to plug what isn't there.

3. Read above.

4. No such thing as a "TPS Solinoid", but thats part of the EGR Control. Read #2.

5.  SDS (or usually ANY aftermarket ECU) will not like the ISC. They have no provision for it, as its VERY non-standard. Buy a 3 or 4 wire (or whatever SDS supports) IACV solinoid or stepper valve. I prefer the soliniod, but its really up to what SDS supports.

6. Not sure what that is, but don't use the stock harness anyway.

If you unplug the harness side, take the stock ecu out, the harness side connectors do nothing. Just wire in SDS to the sensors you need (which should be provided in their kit). Do not use stock sensors if they give you a replacement in the kit... they have greater resolution and/or calibrated to the SDS unit.

Joel

Ah yeah, What Joel said ;D.