how much $$ to modify stock Magna Int.

Thanks for the Info Chad, Hows the weather treating you?!

I just barely made it back down to Ca. last Monday!

I was up in Salem area visiting my family.

I'll probably be sending it up to you shortly ;D

The weather here was pretty harsh here with 1/2" - 1" of solid freezing rain, but it was gone in 2 days, the valley (Salem-portland) got it much worse, they are -still- frozen.  We thawed out by Thursday.

• 3 weeks later...

I totaly remove the rear T-stat housing (grind it

completely off) and put in a new one on the correct

location.  I resize the rear water port to the small

rectangular hole like a stock US spec head.  I put in

a water port for the heater core.  I add 2 standard

3/8 water temp ports (1for a gage, 1 for the ECU) and

remove the existing metric ones.  I add a brake

booster port on the #4 runner.  Cut off and cap the

OEM TB entry and add a new one on the reverse for a

ford 4.6 TB.  Fab and weld in the thorttle linkage

mount.  Drill/tap 2 ports, 1 for PCV and 1 for

vac/boost sensors.

I can add additonal vac ports if wanted.  For $150 I

do not cover shipping, or clean the intake.  If it's

covered in oil, I can't weld it, dirty AU is

impossible to weld. Dry and dirty is OK because I can

brush/burn that off, but no grease/oil.

I don't provide a TB, and you are best finding that on

your own (ebay or a junkyard).  Expect to pay $15-30.

Sounds like a lot of work for $150 bucks. So , how about a mailing adress so i can send mine to have it modified. Also what form  of payment o you accept? I'd like to have mine done before this spring. Thanks for your quick response. WARP 12

I'll send you a message in your mail box

I'm a little backed up right now since I have a few unfinnished projects for others, but in another week or two I should be caught up.

I'm sure he does. I would just like to see  some pics of one that he's modified. I'll surely be sending mine to him as soon as he gets caught up. I really ready to go to the mpi setup. I've spared no expense rebuilding my engine and i just hope this will be worth the effort. I'd not going for real high hp numbers, I just want about 270rwhp.

i would like to see how much of that stock thermostat is taken off the back.  that is alot of useless material just hanging there with a cap on it.

hey chad!  how much would you charge just to remove the t- stat off the back and re-position the new stat in the front??  glen welded mine facing the throttle body too much and when i put my t-stat housing on with the radiator hose it touches the throttle body.  i need it turned like 5 or 10 degrees to face the radiator outlet alittle more but not too much so it hits the fuel rail.

let me now,

thanks

BTW chad does great work, i have one of his headers.

Ray, Are you saying Glen only caps the back T-stat housing?  I can remove the rear stat and fix the new one for $50.  I'd charge less but the biggest mod time-wise is the stat removal/relacation.

The reason I only charge $150 is because they take 3 1/2 - 4 hours to mod.  I spend about $15 in consumables and material.  I calculate all my parts/mods at $35 hr plus material.

I'll see if I can get some pics up tonight.

Thanks for the compliment Shawn  :)

yes thats all that he did was make a cap for it,  i dont know if he is doing any differant with the newer MPIs.  i have one of the first ones made for us.  i can see how the stat removal takes alot of time and why glen didnt do it.  but i would like to get rid of all the extra clutter if i can.  i would definatly like to see a pic of the stat removed.