Pictures of The Magna installed on my Conquest

Runs great, but my internal wastegate is useless for controlling the boost. The turbo just wants to keep spooling. (I am waiting for a SFP header with an external wastegate.) I found that my 20G turbo also spools up much sooner, I can build 5 lbs of boost below 2000 rpms and 10+lbs at 2300 rpms, having less lag makes the car a lot more fun to drive on the street.

Well I'm in too much of a hurry to wait for a SFP header so I tore apart my 20g today to port the exhaust housing and internal wastegate.  I got the wastegate over an inch 1.037in/25mm I think and the housing and header to just under 2 inches.  I'm hoping my profec b can keep control of the boost with this done but I don't know.  It's a total shot in the dark.  anyone have the cover off the wastegate on a TD05 housing?  I didn't bother to measure the wastegate before hand, so I'd like to know what size the port in there used to be.  Luckily the flapper is very big so you can make the hole quite large.  I used a die grinder with burr bits.  I have pics but can't get them on my site for some reason so if you're interested I'll email them to you.

My flapper area has large stress cracks around it, nothing unusual, should be enough to flow some extra cfms out the exhaust. :)

I am fairly close to getting this thing cranked over, about 80% of the way there.  ;D

Great Work --

What kind of injectors did you go with, were they from glen also. I saw you were using an SDS 3D for fuel but I saw the MSD box in the pictures what are you doing for an ignition system is it holding up ?

Am I reading the Magna price list right?  The numbers in blue are Australian dollars so in U.S. dollars the manifolds are in the $200-$350 price range?  If so, it seems like a lot of performance bang for the buck!  re the battery interference issue, I've installed a TEP rear strut brace which incorporates a battery tray in its center (about $210) and I put an Optima spillproof battery there.  BTW, just an observation but is the plenum on that intake from a Toyota 22RE or just a look-alike?  DAW

I just installed the SFP header and the boost control is rock steady.

I am using 72 lb siemen injectors that I picked up from one of Glens friends here in the US.

I am using the stock mitsu distributor as the trigger for the MSD box. That is all that is needed for the ignition with the exception of a tach amplifier. So far it is working well.

The plenum is from an aussie 2.6 Mitsubishi engine.

I am just starting to fine tune it, I have the boost set at 16lbs and I almost lost it yesterday when I opened it up in the lower gears. My backend almost past my front.

I have been smelling oil fumes and see small oil splotches on the trunk of my car. I don`t know if it is the trans, rear or engine oil???? All have slight leaks. The exhaust pipe looks dry with a light grey color and I see no signs of exhaust smoke. I am a little worried that I might have hurt the motor somewhat when I went into overboost several times with the stock wastegate. I still didn`t get a decent compression tester to see if I am losing cylinder pressure.

Naw...your motor is fine Darryl, this is a 2.6! :)

I had similar problems from the tranny blowing oil. I believe this was from when I did the short throw shifter. I didn't put the main boot on, the small boot that you ruin when you put the ST shifter in. Anyhow this was blowing oil from the tranny back.

I also had a very slight oil leak once because of my valve cover not fully seating. It'll leak near the cam plug and get you thinking the rear main is leaking.

Very glad to see you got it going again Darryl!

• 3 years later...
that's because you're looking at history bro. from 3 1/2 years ago. those old pics I had up were lost when Gary (26liter) lost his old server or something like that. wish I could find the digital copies I had but no such luck.

that's because you're looking at history bro. from 3 1/2 years ago. those old pics I had up were lost when Gary (26liter) lost his old server or something like that. wish I could find the digital copies I had but no such luck.

I pay $20 a year just so all my pics are always up in the same URL over the years...

Most of my pics should always be up... :)