High chairs in the blk/tan interior

scottzg

please keep in mind im new to SQs.

I recently obtained a 88 starion built in nov 87.  It has the black and tan interior with the 8 way seats.  the head rests do not have big square holes in them.  My problem is that the seat sits too high.  I'm a tall guy, and I feel like im sitting in my subaru.  My buddy has a 88 conquest, and the seating position is much lower.  My seats are in excellent condition, so i question whether they are the original seats.  Did mitsu change the seating geometry?  Is there a way to lower the seat I don't know about?  

On a side note, I can pull the steering wheel column adjuster out and it wiggles a hair, but doesnt adjust.  Does anyone know what the deal is?

The seats sound aftermarket, I've never seen the 87 style in 2 tone unless they were cloth...the Steering wheel adjuster has been "fix'd" someone bent the rod either knowingly or not knowingly....it's prolly best that it dont move as this was the #1 most idiotic design in this car....aside from the ABS system....

Take some pics of them seats and post'em or E-mail'em to me and i will post'em for ya.

Yellow_quest

Hey guys:

I just stumbled on this thread. My Quest originally came with the black '88-'89 style front seats. Right now, I have the black '86-'87 style front seats. Here's a picture of them.

Both styles of seats are positioned the same in the car. I like the '86-'87 style seats better than the '88-'89. You are not able to adjust the seat height.

Josh

Yep, except my back seats are all black and original.  The stripe next to the front window is black, but the bottom half of the door panel is tan.  

The car was made in nov 87, but sold as an 88 model.  Do i have the 88 ecu and other mechanicals?

scottzg:

All of my interior was black from the factory. In fact, all the tan pieces you see in the picture used to be black. I used a Vinyl & Fabric spray to change the color to tan. I wrote a post about it in the "Body & Interior Mods" section on this site.

If you open your driver-side door, you'll see the VIN number on the door jam. Take a look at the 10th digit. It should be a letter. If the letter is H, you have a '87 model. If the letter is J, you have a '88 model.

Josh