83 replica hood aerodynamics

stariongirl

got the glass hood...and i got some questions.

do i need to heat sheild it?

can i put it on without paint for a while?

thanks for reading.

starioingirl

update. i have had my replica hood on for two weeks now....i have noticed the unopened part of the 83 replica scoop literally fills up with bugs...ya know like the ones that get on the header panel and th intercooler.

so i thinks this scoop is indeed functional contrary to every thing i read here. i figure the opening in the bumper is functional...has to be to cool the i/c...and that is why it draws the insects into it.....just like the header panel(i notice some folks are cutting these as a cooling mod)...so if i cut the opening in my replica hood  the stream of air that carries those dragonflies into my car will now go into the hood scoop.

right?

stariongirl

1. not necessarily, but it would be a good idea above the turbo if you're not running the stock heat shields.

2. if you want to, won't really hurt anything as long as it's at least in primer.  you can just hit it with some rattle can primer to cover up the bare finish and go from there.

• 3 weeks later...

as for the bugs.

take screen that goes into screen doors or windows and cut it to size to keep them out..

as for the heat sheild i would defently recomend it because its always better to be safe..

you can get it from performance racing products

www.aircraftspruce.com

they also have other car junk.. i got there book for free by ordering it from there website.. if you want call them at 1-800-861-3192.. its something i check out just about every day at work.

you may need to watch out for any wires or connections when you open the hood spaces and make them functional when it rains because that will go into there.. but should not realy be to much of a problem.. just something to let you know that you need to protect your wires from

• 3 weeks later...