different dashes....

tmz_99

I know the starion came out with one analogue and two different types of digital dashes in the US, does anyone have pictures of the other digital dash (I think it's somewhat grey and red in color)??

many thanks in advance

-tom

What about custom dashes?  Here's mine...

Dash Pic

I was gonna post a pic but Yahoo is stupid about that crap.  Anyways it's from a 1972 240ZX.  Has a 5" in dash 10,000 RPM Tachometer and 5" in dash 200 MPH Speedometer.  It also has 2 5/8" Water temperature, Oil Pressure, & Transmission Temperature Gauges there in the center.  The big open center there is now taken up with an aluminum sheet with a few switches and gauges in the future as needs arise.  Everything is wired up now and ready to go.  Soon of course the car should be done but I have said that for 4 years now.  LOL

Laters,

Brian

hmm, ur link doesnt work (damn yahoo).  Altho that does sound pretty cool. :D

what I'm after tho is a pic of that instument cluster, its like ALL digital, has a digital readout for the fual and all.. I'm pretty (99%) sure it actually came standard on a few models..  ???

is there another link to urs tho? I'd like to see it.. :D

brian man that looks killer!

tmz_99: click on the link, then when it comes up scroll down to the orange bar that says "Conquest Dash" then below that it says "conquest pix" click on that then go to next. you can see it there.

What about custom dashes?  Here's mine...

Dash Pic

I was gonna post a pic but Yahoo is stupid about that crap.  Anyways it's from a 1972 240ZX.  Has a 5" in dash 10,000 RPM Tachometer and 5" in dash 200 MPH Speedometer.  It also has 2 5/8" Water temperature, Oil Pressure, & Transmission Temperature Gauges there in the center.  The big open center there is now taken up with an aluminum sheet with a few switches and gauges in the future as needs arise.  Everything is wired up now and ready to go.  Soon of course the car should be done but I have said that for 4 years now.  LOL

Laters,

Brian

That is absolutely bad a**!

It had a metal liner and all that but it's all gone now.  LOL  I took everything out of that dash that I could because what I really wanted to do was use it as a mold and make myself a carbon fiber dash.  Make a mold and shell out of that dash and then fill the rest with foam to give it some density ya know.  But time and money said no to that idea.  I have recently bumped into someone who does the carbon fiber stuff for a living and said he'd love to do it once I have the car back.  Sooooooo we'll do it then.  All the gauges have the green bulb condoms on them so they look killer at night.  I can't wait till this car is done.  I'm about to piss myself!!  Wait, that's the extra large coke I just had...

Dayum this suckers been highjacked!

tmz_99---Your thinking of the "technica" style gauge cluster

I have a pic of the semi-digital but not the fully digital

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/202062/000_0191.JPG

Does it fit the car OK, or have you had to make modifications to mount the dash?

I do like it though, just all of the guages are on the wrong side ::)

Can't wait to see pics of it fitted.

Martin.

Nah, they aren't on the wrong side!  YOu guys just drive on the wrong damn side of the road!  LOL  Yes, there are mods you gott amake to get it to fit like mounting brackets and all that.  Since I am having a 10 point cage in my car we are having to make a custom piece that goes behind the dash between it and the firewall/windshield.  The curvature of the Starquest's firewall and the 240 Z's are waaaaay different.  So you have to make an adaptor plate or cover there.  Mine has a couple of cracks so I found a place that offers dash covers for it so I'm all good.  My original plan was to use this as a mold and make a fiberglass/carbonfiber dash from it.  I wanted to delete the glovebox and that center area where the radio and AC stuff and all that was.  I am still debating AC in this car....  I have come ideas though...

Laters,

Brian