83 Fiber Hoods Update

Gary

OK here we go again for those still waiting...(niche molder hell)... I'm moving this post from the GP section for now because it has been ransacked with alittle BS.  There is now a private molder retired with over 25 years experience making running boards, hoods, boats, and you name it thats starts with the 1st lay up on Tuesday April 29th for the 83 replica fiberglass hood.  Other designs and customizations as mentioned before are being planned as well (except carbon fiber).  I'm pretty pumped and the forecast is promising.  

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah , I agree, I cant bet any chips on somebody withought experience , theres always a guy that says they can do it better and cheaper, would you want your house wired by a "rookie"?  I dont want my hood built by backyard McGuyvers w little or no cash to cover their screw-ups. I think this is great news and FnF has tried very hard to get thise going and is trying to offer something other than talk... Thanks.

No CF due to interest and mostly cost.  750.00-1000.00 for a full CF hood maybe 2 people will want one.  I saw some CF stealth hoods for 1200 bucks though so a CF for the quest might not be to bad after all.  You might want to contact CHC he seems to own when it comes to CF.  He might make you a composite hood with a single layer CF hood for around $300.  He mentioned it in the GP section.

No cf? Oh well, I will be very happy with a fg hood. Actually I need me one. Keep up the updates!

anythings possible but if we cater to all 20 designs people have dreamed up nothing would get done.The 83 style is a great idea and perhaps a cowl style as well lets get a few produced, then move on to the custom stuff . People have waited this long a little longer wont hurt .

anythings possible but if we cater to all 20 designs people have dreamed up nothing would get done.The 83 style is a great idea and perhaps a cowl style as well lets get a few produced, then move on to the custom stuff . People have waited this long a little longer wont hurt .

yeah thats cool, i can wait for sure, and i am pretty sure somebody other than me would like the stock style.

take your time

jeff s

The fiberglass ace now has the mold and has looked it over and planned his build.  Next call I get from him will be to go over and look at the 1st lay up.  I don't like rushing fabricators but I expect this next week on his timeframe.

I think the stock flat hood would be a waste of time. what is the point of spending all that money to save 10lbs on the hood. hopefully, the people intersted in a lighter hood are actually going to race their car in one form or fashion and I assume they could use some vents in the hood. at the minimum this thing should resemble an 83 hood, but then again its 2003 and we could maybe give it a more updated look, but let not blow it out of perportion.

No stock hoods here and no wings west ricer $hit either, its the 83 replica pictured below.  

http://www.26liter.us/dugallery/pictures/83fibhoodonblue.jpg

http://www.26liter.us/Vendors/images/Dcp_0109.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The as promised cowl design is coming soon so please be patient.   I'm waiting on the cowl I have ordered to arrive.   It to will be professionally hand laid 'bolt on' with a 2 1/4 rise.  The Header Panel and grille combo is curently in the works.