Are you sick of the orange glow? PLACE YOUR ORDER

sapper

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not sure if they can do the climate controls or not. I do know one thing though. They will need a climate control module sent to them for analyzing. So check out EBay for a good used one. I might be interested in one of those too, if they can do it. Course, there would have to be another group purchase started for them. All I can say is, E-Mail `em, and see what they say.

TTYL,

Jay

The part that makes the Climate Control orange is not that hard to get to.  Aside from taking it out of the car, it's five screws and some VERY CAREFUL prying with a small screwdriver.  Directly behind the liquid crystal display is a light orange piece of plastic.  Take it out, and i'm thinking you should be able to stick your LED's or colored lights or whatever in there to change the color.  If my camera batteries arent' dead, I'll take some pictures of the dismantled piece.  Unfortunately, I don't think I have any LED's laying around, although I may have some green light bulb cover thingies from an old Toyota laying around......

Dave

It would probably be easier to find a colored film to replace that orange plastic with.  I used to have some in three or four different colors, I wonder if it could be obtained from an arts and crafts store?  I will have to look sometime in my spare time.  There is a clearish lens right behind the orange plastic lens that you could attach the film too.  Should work on the clock also....  The buttons for the lights have an orange paint like substance to make them orange that apparently lets light through.  I bet it wouldn't be too hard to change that either.  I'm glad you said something about getting a different color  plastic, for some reason it reminded me of that colored film....LOL!  ::)

Dave

My brother brought this to my attention, because his car was an 87. I forgot about it. Let's just say for a minute that we do confront SpeedHut about doin something for our climate controls. If they were gonna do one. They would most likely have to do the 88/89 style because it was a flat touch surface. The 87s and earlier, actually had buttons in them. I don't think they'd be able to do the buttoms. Just thought I'd bring this point up.

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

I think we all are! I can't believe we actually did it! I can't wait to get mine into my car. Knocks 1 thing off a long list of things to do to my car before next season. I'm hopin to get all the mechanicals done this Winter/Spring, and then maybe paint next year (`06). I checked SApeedhut's site, and our gauges are still in the tooling process. We probably won't see anything til probably the end of Jan, or first of Feb. Whoever gets their's first, make sure you post to tell the rest of us!!

Jay

I'm in, I tried to order on the website but it didnt work and I cant call because im at work :P

---------------------------

REVERSE White Dial w/Dark Blue Font

Font=Eurostyle Font

NO Shift line

Graphics = None

Text 1="BRAINS" (510)

Text 2=XS TURBO

Upgrade Inverter

Price=99.95

Edited by The_MATRIX

I am really interested in these gauges; the problem is I put in an autometer boost gauge.  I don’t want to go back to stock because that gauge is not very accurate.  Do I have any other solutions?  I want to make the gauges silver with blue numbers.  I have not see any boost gauges like that.  I looked at autometer's site to see if there is anything I like there to make mine look like so they match.  But I am lost nothing that will be doable.  Let me know what other gauges are out there that I could make it look like.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I need help, I want to design gauges that I can buy other aftermarket gauges that look like them.  one of my friends said do them to look like the auto meter cobalt blues.  I like them but I would like a silver face.  if you guys have any ideas for me let me know.  like companies with aftermarket gauges that look good, I am def doing the reverse el-glow. that looks hot. but before I order I need to find gauges that I can mimic so they all match.  thanks for the help.  Brad